PDA

View Full Version : Hello all...new to Carvewright, just registered today

Geophyrd
03-02-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm a woodworker from PA. Not what I do for a living, its what I do for fun. Made some furniture...as well as turned a lot of pens (anyone want to buy one? I've got something like 100)

Like most, I futzed with the software before buying. My first project, well, let's just say that what I saw isn't what I got. Going to have to mess with depths of objects. I wrote a message on the back of the project and its barely there (a swipe of sandpaper would remove it entirely).

But I knew there'd be a learning curve and the one thing I've learned so far is that this is going to be fun. Looking forward to chatting with y'all!

rickyz
03-02-2012, 04:13 PM
welcome to the forum.... lots of cool people with lots ofexperience and knowledge... just about anything you need to use your carvewright is here on this forum.... definitely a learning curve and maintenance with this machine.... i've had my machine for five years and I'm still learning something new almost everyday....

ladjr
03-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Welcome. There are a lot of people here that are happy to help. I have asked for help several times and they were happy to provide thier knowledge and get me going. Good Carving and Welcome again.

I have found it handy to used the rotate tool to view the carving from the side to see how it appears.

Leo

SteveEJ
03-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Welcome.. Lesson 1: Read, read and more read! Lesson 2: Read some more! :mrgreen: