PDA

View Full Version : A Little Pattern Help Please

signman9999
03-01-2012, 09:02 AM
My wife wanted me to carve this and I did. But is there a way to make this a pattern so that I can resize this without having to change the cut paths all of the time?
Appreciate any advice or recommendations I may get.
Thank You
Tom

dltccf
03-01-2012, 09:26 AM
My wife wanted me to carve this and I did. But is there a way to make this a pattern so that I can resize this without having to change the cut paths all of the time?
Thank You
Tom

Hit Ctl-A to select everything then when you do the resize it will all get resized together.

dltccf
03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Hit Ctl-A to select everything then when you do the resize it will all get resized together.

Also you can Ctl-A to select all, then hit the group button down at the bottom. Then next time you want to select it you can just click on the group.

signman9999
03-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Thank you the ctl-A worked. I had made a group before but that did not work for me, at that time. But then again I prob did something wrong... LOL
Thanks
Tom

AskBud
03-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Thank you the ctl-A worked. I had made a group before but that did not work for me, at that time. But then again I prob did something wrong... LOL
Thanks
TomRemember to do the resizing by the yellow arrows and not the red dots.
AskBud

AskBud
03-01-2012, 10:27 AM
What has been covered in posts 1 thru 5 speak of resizing to a specific size.

You could, also, re design your width to be just an inch or so higher/wider than your text, and save that version. This way you should be able to insert a board of any size and allow the machine to "scale" to fit the board being used. It will be controlled by the width and length of that board, depending upon your answers to the prompts.
AskBud

signman9999
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Yes we are having fun today boys and girls... LOL Bud Thank you for both ideas and recommendations. I have been trying to do this on resizing the board. And I am having no luck with this. When I try to resize the board the program crashes. I was running .181 ver and upgraded to the .182 ver hoping that that would correct it. I was trying to resize all of it down to 8.063 X 8.812. I had already grouped the letters and cut outs down. but when I tried to resize the wood it crashed and gave me this response. Anyone have any ideas on this one?
Thanks Tom51560

AskBud
03-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Yes we are having fun today boys and girls... LOL Bud Thank you for both ideas and recommendations. I have been trying to do this on resizing the board. And I am having no luck with this. When I try to resize the board the program crashes. I was running .181 ver and upgraded to the .182 ver hoping that that would correct it. I was trying to resize all of it down to 8.063 X 8.812. I had already grouped the letters and cut outs down. but when I tried to resize the wood it crashed and gave me this response. Anyone have any ideas on this one?
Thanks Tom51560I had the same error on two PCs. That is the reason I suggested the re design. I'll also pass the problem/error to LHR.
AskBud

AskBud
03-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I had the same error on two PCs. That is the reason I suggested the re design. I'll also pass the problem/error to LHR.
AskBudOK!
I just spoke with Robert at LHR.
We can get past this Error by first going to EDIT > PREFERENCES. Once there we have two changes to make to the options.
1) On the GENERAL tab, change the Cache from 16 to 128.
2) On the 3D Graphics tab, change the hardware Acceleration from Auto to OFF.
I was, then, able to stretch the selected group with no error.

Roger says that for most it may be Ok to leave these new setting, while others may need to return to the previous settings.
AskBud

bjbethke
03-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Thank You
Tom

To make that into a pattern you need to select all and then group the images (Raster Only) select the group and use the pattern icon to make and save the pattern. You can double click the pattern and it will auto load in the Pattern editor. Make any adjustments in the pattern editor.

signman9999
03-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Bud
Thanks for checking with LHR. I am not sure we were on the same page. I was trying to change the dimensions of the board not the letters. But I did do as they suggested and changed to 128 and off. Once again tried to change the board dimensions and got the same result as before.

Thanks
Tom

signman9999
03-01-2012, 07:10 PM
BJB thanks for the info. I tried doing as you suggested. When I clicked on the make pattern icon I got this message, once for each letter. Did I miss a step somewhere, I did group them and had group highlighted. I had gone to edit text and made sure all were raster. When I tried to make the pattern there was no option. DUH ok as I am typing this I guess I should go delete the cut paths and then do it. just a second OK I am with you I got it....... Another note When I deleted the cut paths I could then resize the dimensions of the board without crashing the program......HUM...... yes I did try that a couple of times to make sure.

Thanks to all, I appreciate it and learned today.. thank you
Tom

AskBud
03-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Bud
Thanks for checking with LHR. I am not sure we were on the same page. I was trying to change the dimensions of the board not the letters. But I did do as they suggested and changed to 128 and off. Once again tried to change the board dimensions and got the same result as before.

Thanks
Tom

515755157651577OK Tom,
I got so happy with what he walked me through, that I forgot to make sure it was the doing what you needed on the board size (even though I stated that to him in the beginning).

I did, however, work on the actual fix. I even went back to the original board settings, just to be sure the corrections worked there as well.

Here are my steps:
1) Remove all 4 cut-paths from the outlines.
2) Remove the Center vertical from CAFE.
3) Change your board setting.
4) Select all, and move and resize your design (remember to use the yellow arrows on the resize).
5) Re activate your 4 cut-paths.

The actual problem was the cut-paths. I removed the centering on the CAFE, as it did not allow for that item to move as the rest did during the board change.

AskBud

signman9999
03-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Yes Bud I found the same thing last night also. It appears the cut paths were just too much for the program to handle.
Thank you BJB and Bud for your help.
Tom

bjbethke
03-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Yes Bud I found the same thing last night also. It appears the cut paths were just too much for the program to handle.
Thank you BJB and Bud for your help.
Tom

Happy to help. BJB