PDA

View Full Version : parts machine

Cabinetdesigner
02-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I just bought a new machine. My old one melted the flex shaft and the display has black squares. Do you think I am better off parting the machine out or trying to sell the machine as a parts machine. I will tell you a little about the macine. It has rubber belts but I plan on putting them on my new machine. then including the new sandpaper belts with the parts machine. I am not sure about the hours on the machine I am guessing about 700 hrs. It is a rev b machine and has a rock chuck on it. the top cover does not attach to the machine it just lays on it. Up until the day that the flex shaft melted it was a great machine. Im just glad the last job I did on it net me $1800. Im open to suggestions. I was thinking I would like to get around $300 plus shipping. thanks Joe

lynnfrwd
02-23-2012, 02:23 PM
I just bought a new machine. My old one melted the flex shaft and the display has black squares. Do you think I am better off parting the machine out or trying to sell the machine as a parts machine. I will tell you a little about the macine. It has rubber belts but I plan on putting them on my new machine. then including the new sandpaper belts with the parts machine. I am not sure about the hours on the machine I am guessing about 700 hrs. It is a rev b machine and has a rock chuck on it. the top cover does not attach to the machine it just lays on it. Up until the day that the flex shaft melted it was a great machine. Im just glad the last job I did on it net me $1800. Im open to suggestions. I was thinking I would like to get around $300 plus shipping. thanks Joe

For a $75 flexshaft & figuring out if the lcd just has a wire that's not fully connected or you need a $10 part, I say fix it and do another $1800 job it. Run the two of them and make $3600!!

Selling it for $300, when you can fix it for SOOOO much less????....Up to you of course....just my opinion.

atauer
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Not to mention, that if the motors themselves are still good, that right there is at least $300. It would be a lot more beneficial to fix up the machine and keep making money with it.

Cabinetdesigner
02-23-2012, 02:35 PM
I really think the machine might have shorted out when the flex shaft over heated. because the display shows nothing but black sqaures. I just figured if the machine had a short it would be costly to fix.

atauer
02-23-2012, 02:59 PM
It could very possibly be something simple, like a loose cable or a corrupted memory card. Both of which are simple fixes.

Digitalwoodshop
02-23-2012, 03:19 PM
I would LOVE the machine for $300.00.... But in good conscious I could not do that to you.... IF the Card is not in the machine then you get the black squares... So it is just possible that it was an over site and the card was not plugged in. If it WAS... Then I would first remove the bottom of the machine and check the cables plugged into the computer as one may be loose... Also un plug the card and look close at the Computer where the card plugs in... The Computer has male pins and if you had the card removed and blew dust.... It could get caught up in the pins and not let the card go in all the way....

So for $75.00 plus shipping I believe you will have a BACK UP Machine.... I call the Flex a Consumable as like Car Tires they will wear out and need replacement... Plan on buying one every XX hours.... And with care and LUCK, I would place that at about 800 hours...

Let us know how you make out....

Call me if you still have problems.... my number is on the bottom of my website or PM me with a number... I have a Magic Jack and it's free to call.... or cheap...

I am in the FIX IT camp..... And get Rubber Belts for the new machine too....

As for the Flex... I even burned one up.... They are finiky.... I bent or kinked the noise damper spring inside the flex and the metal to metal burned up the rubber...... I even Snapped a flex one day...... I had 2 spare cores so I was back up quick.

AL

Cabinetdesigner
02-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Well I took the bottom of the machine nothing seemed loose. I checked where the card plugged in everything looks good. I am at a loss.

Digitalwoodshop
02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
I just got back to the shop.... 9 PM... Was playing Suzie Homemaker cooking all the main stuff for the week, makes for quick meals during the week... Between my Walking Program to get Healthy, my Shop and Business, and being Head Cook and Bottle Washer... It's like 3 jobs...

I will try to call... I see your on line... I am thinking bad power supply..... or Computer....

AL

Icutone2
02-24-2012, 06:58 AM
The display contrast setting may need adjusting. Just a thought.
Lee

Cabinetdesigner
02-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I
The display contrast setting may need adjusting. Just a thought.
LeeI wish it was that simple. I have decided to part the machine out. I discovered that I had disconnected the probe connector and drapped it accross the flex shaft. that is what caused the machine to display black squares. with out knowing what is damaged it is best I just sell certain parts of it.

Ike
02-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Have you taken off the side panel with the screen off? I did that to clean and I dropped the side a broke a wire. Also have you checked to see if vibration caused the plug to slip out? If you took the side panel off and didn't drop it or pull the wire it may just a loose plug?

Ike

Cabinetdesigner
02-24-2012, 11:34 PM
I I wish it was that simple. I have decided to part the machine out. I discovered that I had disconnected the probe connector and drapped it accross the flex shaft. that is what caused the machine to display black squares. with out knowing what is damaged it is best I just sell certain parts of it.

Yes took the side cover off still just black squares I believe she's dead.

Ike
02-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes took the side cover off still just black squares I believe she's dead.

One small break in the wire will do that too. It may have pulled out at the plugs? It may be at the computer box? It would be a shame to sell a good machine for a $7.00 wire harness! Plus you may need parts one day, so unless you need the money I would keep it for a parts machine for you!

I would love to buy it from you, but no money!!!

Icutone2
02-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Soy to intrupt the conve ____ but I am ready sell my 3 rs Machine and really like it as it is a ;a" MACHINE AND i HAVE 3 othes like it but one must get real./
Lee

Cabinetdesigner
02-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Well I got my new machine set up and now I have a chance to think about what to do with the old machine and I have decided to keep it as a parts machine I took it all apart the gears are in good shape , the cut motor still looks pretty good. I have had a lot of emails about the 1/2 rock chuck I have no idea what is worth used. I will include the rock chuck the two wrenches. I do not have the removal tool so I will just send the z truck along with it. I have no desire to ever put the old style truck on my machine therefore it is of no use to me.so make me an offer. I am also selling a set of brand new sand paper belts if any one is interested.

Digitalwoodshop
02-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I am interested in the Z with the Rock Chuck attached.... and wrenches...

Let me know.

AL

digitalwoodshop @ Aol.com remove space.

jaustin
02-26-2012, 03:24 PM
how much for the sand paper belts and shipping?

Cabinetdesigner
02-26-2012, 04:46 PM
how much for the sand paper belts and shipping?Make me an offer im reasonable

henry1
02-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Make me an offer im reasonable
you got private message and now another private message an another private message last one lol

Cabinetdesigner
02-26-2012, 10:30 PM
tag your it

henry1
02-27-2012, 06:33 AM
tag your it
You got my email addy please send to my email addy asap

eromran
02-27-2012, 08:40 AM
You have my email and i sent a pm about the Rock Chuck if you could let me know something i would appretiate it. THANKS