PDA

View Full Version : Two errors

Aaron B
01-23-2007, 07:33 PM
One is the Z 246 axis stall which I can do some searches on and find information about, but it seems I will have to call CW.

The other happens when its trying to measure a board. After it measures the length and starts to measure the width it only goes about a quarter of the way. Its a 7 1/4 wide board but stops around 1 1/2" and then gives me the option to center on width, so it thinks thats how wide the board is. Anyone else ever get that.

Jeff_Birt
01-23-2007, 08:24 PM
If the board sensor sees something in the wood like a knot hole, dark streak etc, it can think that it is the board edge. The other possibility is a dirty board sensor. Inspect your baord to see if there is anything that could be throwing off the sensor, masking tape can be placed over knot's etc. I had to restart a project recently and place a 2" wide strip of tape accross the width of the board so the board sensor had something to look at. Also, check you manual for instructions on how to check the board sensor. My board sensor reads a little lower than what the book says, but it goes down to zero when clear and seems to work fine.

Aaron B
01-24-2007, 06:49 AM
If the board sensor sees something in the wood like a knot hole, dark streak etc, it can think that it is the board edge. The other possibility is a dirty board sensor. Inspect your baord to see if there is anything that could be throwing off the sensor, masking tape can be placed over knot's etc. I had to restart a project recently and place a 2" wide strip of tape accross the width of the board so the board sensor had something to look at. Also, check you manual for instructions on how to check the board sensor. My board sensor reads a little lower than what the book says, but it goes down to zero when clear and seems to work fine.

Jeff, I believe you nailed it on the head. This was a board that had a partial carving in it and I was starting over with it. When it tried to read the width the carving was messing it up. I will have to remember the tape idea next time I am trying that.

Thanks for the tip

benluz
01-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello,anyone having board sensor issues, the board sensor can get small particles of dust built up inside on top of the plastic cover.which can't be blown out with compressed air.You have to remove the 2 screws under Z-axis behind the bit and take the sensor out , there is a small snap on cover that you pry off , then clean the plastic cover and reassemble, My board reading was at 56, then after cleaning went to 130, which is still below the recommended reading,I may have to replace it at some point ..But everthing else works great.It just takes a little time to know the machine.All 3-d Cnc routers all have issues either with software, hardware etc and with this being a new machine we must be patient while it is improved..
Ben :D