PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating Regions on a pattern you do want cut

tonysemenuk
02-21-2012, 12:55 PM
This Tony from White Wolf custom bows. I am brand-new at using the CW I have managed to scan some patterns brought them through the pattern editor. But after working with them in the designer I have some regions I do not want carved. I seem to be completely unable to figure out how to fill or eliminate those regions. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help Tony at White Wolf

DickB
02-21-2012, 01:12 PM
It would help to see your scan. Open your scan in Pattern Editor, click Export to Image, export as a .png file, and then post the image.

AskBud
02-21-2012, 01:28 PM
This Tony from White Wolf custom bows. I am brand-new at using the CW I have managed to scan some patterns brought them through the pattern editor. But after working with them in the designer I have some regions I do not want carved. I seem to be completely unable to figure out how to fill or eliminate those regions. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help Tony at White Wolf
Hello Tony,
Welcome to the forum.
You'll find lots of assistance via the forum. My "download" link, below, has many lessons and added links that speak to Editing your patterns. As you browse my link start with titles which begin with "Pattern Editor", "Remove Noise", "Import", Using a Photo", and "Use Part Of a Pattern".

Since we do not know your actual need, without seeing your pattern, I suggest the you begin with the ones beginning with Pattern Editor and work down the list.

The bottom of my link also contains links to other sites which may be of assistance.
AskBud

tonysemenuk
02-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks Bud for the welcome. Much appreciate the help you will have to bear with me sometimes I'm a little slow with the stuff have never really used a forum so this might take me a little. I seem to be at a loss to be able to find your download link. Either that or I'm looking right at it and don't see it. I see that you have a website attached to your name should I look in their or I see lessons and tutorials that I cannot not open anything there.
Thanks for the reply best regards Tony at White Wolf

tonysemenuk
02-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi Dick I'll give it a try that's another one that might take me a little. How do I go about attaching an image to this thread.
Thanks for the help best regards Tony at White Wolf

DickB
02-23-2012, 09:20 AM
How do I go about attaching an image to this thread.
Click Reply, then Go Advanced in the lower right corner. Scroll down to the Manage Attachments button. You should get a new window. Click on the Add Files button, and select the file from your computer.

AskBud
02-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks Bud for the welcome. Much appreciate the help you will have to bear with me sometimes I'm a little slow with the stuff have never really used a forum so this might take me a little. I seem to be at a loss to be able to find your download link. Either that or I'm looking right at it and don't see it. I see that you have a website attached to your name should I look in their or I see lessons and tutorials that I cannot not open anything there.
Thanks for the reply best regards Tony at White Wolf
Here is the download link, which is also in my signature section below.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud downloads.htm
This link takes you to the list of lessons and added links, where you select the item you wish.

If you have W-7, some people do not see a status as they do a download. In those cases, I suggest that you save the lesson you wish to your PC and then open it from there. That way you will see the opening process. You download/opening speed/time will depend upon your Internet connection.
AskBud

tonysemenuk
02-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi bud thanks for the link works perfect. It seems like you have an enormous wealth of information there can't thank you enough. As far as the problem I had earlier with my scanned pattern sometimes the answer is right in front you and it just takes sleeping on it to hit you in the face. I just went back to the drawing board in the pattern editor and manipulated it there. And when it was brought over to the designer I think problem solved. I will know if I get a chance in between working today to have run at it with the CW. What I am working on is having it cut out copies of my bow risers I need a little helping hand my joints in my arm are starting to wear out I am not getting any younger.