PDA

View Full Version : Several Projects Completed

SharonB
02-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Things have been pretty quiet this last week so I had time to photograph 4 of the projects I've finished since Christmas. The walnut and cedar boards used patterns from VictorClip3D. The cedar one was done first to see if it would fit onto the walnut's odd shape....which it didn't. So I downsized the pattern a little and just verily managed to get it onto the board.

I was a little disappointed in that the figures did not show up on the walnut... just to dark. That led to adding a little color and it is a little better. But the board will have to hang in a well lighted place to be appreciated.

The PineCone project is my second project using VictorClip3D's December free pattern. This project got shoved aside during the holidays and I didn't finish it until January.

The Cribbage board is from TerryT (his 14" crib-board). The Indian Head insert I believe came from the pattern department. I'll try and find the maker and give credit where credit is due.... anyway, it is a great pattern and carves well. Edit: Indian Head design is by Carvemore...Native American Design 1

eelamb
02-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Sharon great work on the plaques. you should enter the contest that Jason is having at http://cnccorner.com/Summer_Contest.html

TerryT
02-20-2012, 05:18 PM
WOW! Absolutely gorgeous! The composition of the cedar and walnut boards is great. Excellent work!

lynnfrwd
02-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Awesome Sharon!!!

Sallen1215
02-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Sharon those are absolutely beautiful. I would love to see a tutorial on how you use the CW with non square boards and natural edges, I love the Walnut and the Cedar.

Stephen

SteveJ
02-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Great job Sharon. I really like you work!

jpaluck
02-20-2012, 06:21 PM
WOW VERY nice...first time I got to see the indian I made carved..looks awsome great finishing on all of them

Smoken D
02-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Those are VERY BEAUTIFUL! Great Job!

tierman
02-20-2012, 07:13 PM
As always Sharon, absolutely beautiful!

b.sumner47
02-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Sharon, Great workmanship . I love the way that you used the make-up of the wood grain in the design using the walnut.

Capt Barry

chebytrk
02-20-2012, 09:02 PM
1st Class! As she always does!

jaroot
02-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Look great as usual.

easybuilt
02-20-2012, 11:57 PM
I am so glad you posted these Sharon. Beautiful Job and It shows us what can be done!!!

crfahy
02-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Nice projects Sharon! One of these days I'm going to get my planer set up so that I can start using the stack of odd shaped boards that I have...
I'm not sure whether or not you plan to carve that cribbage board again - but check your spelling...
It would be very nice if designer had spell check!!

liquidguitars
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
WOW! Absolutely gorgeous nice work all around!

chebytrk
02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Sharon... was the Walnut board project made up of several (combined) mpcs that you purchased from vectorclip3d? I was looking in there and couldn't find it.

Things have been pretty quiet this last week so I had time to photograph 4 of the projects I've finished since Christmas. The walnut and cedar boards used patterns from VictorClip3D. The cedar one was done first to see if it would fit onto the walnut's odd shape....which it didn't. So I downsized the pattern a little and just verily managed to get it onto the board.

I was a little disappointed in that the figures did not show up on the walnut... just to dark. That led to adding a little color and it is a little better. But the board will have to hang in a well lighted place to be appreciated.

The PineCone project is my second project using VictorClip3D's December free pattern. This project got shoved aside during the holidays and I didn't finish it until January.

The Cribbage board is from TerryT (his 14" crib-board). The Indian Head insert I believe came from the pattern department. I'll try and find the maker and give credit where credit is due.... anyway, it is a great pattern and carves well. Edit: Indian Head design is by Carvemore...Native American Design 1

SharonB
02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm glad everyone liked my current projects. It's fun sharing with people the appreciate the work that goes into a project.
Crfahy... thanks for the heads up on the spelling. I didn't even think about their spelling when I got the saying off the internet....just copied it as they posted it. Plus I am a very poor copy writer...I see what I think it says.
Jerry... There are 5 different VictorClip3D patterns incorporated in this project. The only other pattern is the grass at the bottom of the picture....which came from the store or it was a shared pattern...I don't know which.
I will be entering either the cedar or walnut board in the LRW's contest when it starts next month. Hope I can enter more than one because I have another idea... if I get the next three saran boxes, a 12x22 plaque, and my lamp finished before the contest ends. Plus I need to get MY shop back as my husband is currently working on a project of his own and is taking up most of the work space.