PDA

View Full Version : error message-tracker roller failed

raye321
02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
I started getting a tracker roller failed err E49-0320. I put new belts on but it still does it. It will start measuring the board then suddenly stop and display the error message. It will say abort=stop, proceed=enter. If I press enter it will start again and work but the lettering is off center on the board. I checked the head pressure and it is at 80lbs. I lubed the guide post well.

AskBud
02-15-2012, 05:10 PM
I started getting a tracker roller failed err E49-0320. I put new belts on but it still does it. It will start measuring the board then suddenly stop and display the error message. It will say abort=stop, proceed=enter. If I press enter it will start again and work but the lettering is off center on the board. I checked the head pressure and it is at 80lbs. I lubed the guide post well.Off hand, I would say the brass roller is loosing contact.
Things that may be amiss are:
Missing O-ring in brass roller, ding in bottom of board, need for masking tape on bottom of board where brass contacts, rollers on extension wings not level with traction belts.

The maintenance guide points to an unusual note that you did not mention.
E49 - Tracking roller failed (Low)
This error occurs only during the initial homing and measurement routine before the carving. Itoccurs when STOP is pressed during "Check Tracking Roller" error message. This error isshown because of out of limit numbers when measuring the length of the board.

AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
02-15-2012, 07:39 PM
You may have a broken X Drive Gear....

OR a Rolled under Sand Paper Belt...

AL

raye321
02-16-2012, 01:43 PM
I took both drive trays off and adjusted the sanding belts and it has helped. I didnt get the error message but it is not centering the design. I checked the head pressure again and now it looks like I'm not getting enough head pressure. I lubed the 4 guide posts over and over but I'm not getting enough pressure. anything else I can do?

AskBud
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I took both drive trays off and adjusted the sanding belts and it has helped. I didnt get the error message but it is not centering the design. I checked the head pressure again and now it looks like I'm not getting enough head pressure. I lubed the 4 guide posts over and over but I'm not getting enough pressure. anything else I can do?OK, now it's time to attach the MPC, as well as tell us how you replied to each prompt. May we presume that you used no sled/jig? What was the actual size of the stock you placed in the machine?
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
02-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Masking Tape...

cestout
02-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Have you replaced the "O" ring, and check if the board is bowed up? Bowed boards need to be inserted con-caved side up. There is a post on a place to get 3 lifetime supply of "O" rings cheep, and mine got here in a day - but then their warehouse is about 50 miles from here. They are kind of a pain to unistalland install. You have to kind of hug the control end of the machine to get both hands in there.
Clint