PDA

View Full Version : Reveiws.

Mark B
01-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi, In reading through the forums I get the impression that some people are having problems with their machines.

Is this machine ready or does it need a little more work to make it reliable?

Should I buy it?

Mark

Greybeard
01-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Mark - I think that is a choice no one else can make for you.
The forum is filled with people's individual opinions because it is a policy of the cw team to allow "warts and all".
This forum is growing at a great rate as more and more are buying, so if you want to base your decision on others' opinions you'ld better do a lot of reading quickly. The number of postings appears to be growing geometrically. :D

Regards
John

BobC33
01-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I have also read all the forums and at first I was skeptical too but after pondering over it and reading about all this machine could do I ordered on thru Sears last Monday and got it on Friday. I've been on it for the past 4 days and I couldn't be happier. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones since I have had no problems with so far. I bought this to make carving out of photos and so far it has done a good job. Look at what I posted in the Gallery. It can do so many things and I have just gotten started. I know it's alot of money to drop on a machine especially since it is made in China but give them credit they did a help of a job and the machine lives up to what it is capable of. Put it this way, it's an expensive hobby if this is what you like doing beside I sure can't carve out what I want by hand so this makes it easier to design on the computer, then grab your drink, load the machine, lite 'em if you got 'em, and watch it do it's thing.
So now the only thing that is missing is MORE WOOD!!!!!! I just can't stop now that I got started. I think it is a good machine for the money.

The Bard
01-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Talk to door and cabinet makers in your area. They're always throwing out scrap wood hehe.

and there is a much greather number of "good" machines to "bad" machines... but people that have problems are often the most vocal, and that's a good thing. That way we're able to better locate and solve these issues.

An old teacher of mine once pointed out

"if you like something, on average you'll tell three people. If you don't like it, on average you'll tell twelve."

And that's kinda how it is with anything. Still, that's the way we'd prefer it. It makes a better product in the end.