PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley Tools

bergerud
02-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I just realized the other day that Lee Valley Tools was a Canadian Company that many of you guys probably do not know about. It is a candy store for woodworkers. They do mail order to the States. Check out their online catalogs and you will be blown away. I cannot even begin to list the "everything" they have. Stuff you will not find anywhere, stuff you never thought you could find, and stuff you did not even know existed. They can be pricey but the stuff is high quality and they are committed to customer service. You must check out the catalogs.

http://www.leevalley.com

mathman
02-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Have ordered from them many times - never had a problem. I would've phrased it as "They are pricey" though - but then just go compare it to Garret-Wade and you'll feel better. ;) Lee Valley does have a lot of stuff that nobody else does.

RogerB
02-12-2012, 12:22 PM
The Candy store close to home so try Busy Bee anouther Candy store in Canada.
Have them located in Ottawa about 1 hour away.

Digitalwoodshop
02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
About 12 years ago I met the Owner at a Philly Wood Workers Show and he was doing a Demo on the drill bit device that put round pegs on Rough Wood timber like a pencil sharpener. He had a Drill and a Stock of small logs and was making outdoor chairs. I think he was the first to develop it... The King of Prussia Convention Center is now a Dusty Parking lot and Condo's...

Great Catalog...

AL

lawrence
02-12-2012, 08:07 PM
LOML is very familiar with the boxes with the green writing :) I LOVE both Lee Valley's products and their customer service. Rob Lee is an oft poster over on Woodnet and is always quick to answer questions or offer help.

Every year on my "quit smoking" anniversary I get a new toy... er.. tool from them

First year - DX60 (which is a darned sexy tool
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=61963&cat=1,41182,48942
Second year - low angle jack with all the extra blades
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=49708&cat=1,41182,52515
This is my third year for quitting (March 3) and I'm not sure what I'll get this year....

Lawrence

Kenm810
02-12-2012, 10:25 PM
WoW! -- I've got some toy... an.. tool catching up to do Lawrence,
I Quit Smoking September 11th 2000 the day of my third Heart Attack ---,
All I got was about 12 more years to show for it, -- with my kids and grand kids so far,
not to bad of a deal, -- if ya think about it.

chebytrk
02-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Yup, Ken got the better gift for sure. Just ask his family, they'll tell you. :-D

WoW! -- I've got some toy... an.. tool catching up to do Lawrence,
I Quit Smoking September 11th 2000 the day of my third Heart Attack ---,
All I got was about 12 more years to show for it, -- with my kids and grand kids so far,
not to bad of a deal, -- if ya think about it.

lawrence
02-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Yup, Ken got the better gift for sure. Just ask his family, they'll tell you. :-D

Yep, I agree too

Lawrence

crfahy
02-13-2012, 08:37 PM
51314I saved this old catalog because of the carving on the front

chebytrk
02-13-2012, 09:49 PM
WOW! Now that would be an awesome carve on the CW!

51314I saved this old catalog because of the carving on the front