PDA

View Full Version : Bit requirement

Dale
02-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Is there a way of determining what bits are required for a pattern? I got half way through a carve today and the machine requested a bit that I do not have.

AskBud
02-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Is there a way of determining what bits are required for a pattern? I got half way through a carve today and the machine requested a bit that I do not have.YES!
You may confirm the bit usage by reverse engineering the MPC.
In the signature section, below, you will find my lesson "Download" link. There you will find a 606 MD Zipped link titled "MPC-Bit Confirmation". This lesson is about the reverse engineering of a MPC.

You must have also missed the needed bit as the machine went through the bit check at the beginning.
AskBud
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-MPC-Bit Confirmation.zip

Dale
02-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks Bud, This was my very first carve and I do not remember seeing a "bit check" at the beginning. Will watch for it next time.

fwharris
02-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Dale,

One thing to remember is that all patterns/raster carves will call for the 1/16 tapered/ball nose bit, also know as the pattern bit. cut outs will use the 1/8 straight bit. These are the default bits but can be changed through the board settings and cut out control boxes.

The "bit check" Bud speaks of is done at the start of each carve when the machine goes through all of the measurements and checks. I will ask you to install the bits in the reverse order that they will be used in the carving.