PDA

View Full Version : Saving files

sail
02-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I have created and saved a few files. Some have ended up and can be easily found in the favorites library. Others have entered a more difficult to find location. When I open "file" then "open" I can see them but it's not possible for me to move them to the favorites library where I can open them in pattern editor or just load them into the memory card.

Seems when I click the green "save" icon it will save changes but the file may go any number of places.

Maybe someone knows how to move these files to the project manager "favorites" library. I'd like to recover all of these "lost" MPC files.

Any ideas ?

Sail

AskBud
02-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I have created and saved a few files. Some have ended up and can be easily found in the favorites library. Others have entered a more difficult to find location. When I open "file" then "open" I can see them but it's not possible for me to move them to the favorites library where I can open them in pattern editor or just load them into the memory card.

Seems when I click the green "save" icon it will save changes but the file may go any number of places.

Maybe someone knows how to move these files to the project manager "favorites" library. I'd like to recover all of these "lost" MPC files.

Any ideas ?

SailWhen you click on the green SAVE button, the PC will place the file in the folder from which it came or the default folder(s) for the CW program(s).
Some of these defaults seem like never-never-land! They should be able to be recovered, into Designer, and then SAVE-AS you desire. You will do your SAVE-AS by going to FILE > SAVE-AS, and directing the MPC file to the folder you wish. If you wish "lost" Pattern files to be placed in the Pattern Library, you will bring them up in Pattern Editor and then go to FILE > SAVE TO PATTERN LIBRARY, and name that pattern as you place it in the library.
AskBud