PDA

View Full Version : Stl importer?

FelixPQ
02-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

maybe there is nothing wrong with it but I noticed when I import an stl file, the first screen give me dimension that are inline with the actual pattern I designed but when I insert it on a board the dimensions are about 0.020" + in both x, y larger then the original. In most cases it shouldn't matter I guess but when the pattern is a part needed for an assembly, it needs to be "exact" within the limits of the machine of course.

Anyone as noticed something like that? Will it machine to what designer reports or to the original dimensions?

Thanks,
Felix

jpaluck
02-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Hey Felix,

You probably saw this but when putting your pattern on the board make sure you uncheck scale to fit option

FelixPQ
02-10-2012, 03:26 PM
jpaluck,

your right, I did that as well because I didn't want any scaling of any sort. I even outline the pattern just to check things out and the dimension are still off, not much you'll say but way above tolerences to fit into a matting part. Just to mention it, the matting part was done via the dxf importer and designer reports the designed size for that one.

Thanks,
Felix