PDA

View Full Version : Carvings - Icon

gapdev
02-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Can anybody tell me what the circled Icon represents and why does it only appear on 3 of the lines instead of all 6 of them?

The mpc is the HotPot that was posted in the Projects forum.

Thanks much,

Kenny

gapdev
02-09-2012, 07:40 PM
I guess it means that the line is a mirrored line?

AskBud
02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Can anybody tell me what the circled Icon represents and why does it only appear on 3 of the lines instead of all 6 of them?

The mpc is the HotPot that was posted in the Projects forum.

Thanks much,

Kenny
They are mirrors/copies of the original lines just below.
AskBud

gapdev
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks Bud.

Am having a heck of a time lengthening the board to a standard 24" size so I can put 2 of of the cutouts on each board. The line cutouts go all over the place when the board is resized. Frustrating.

Kenny

AskBud
02-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks Bud.

Am having a heck of a time lengthening the board to a standard 24" size so I can put 2 of of the cutouts on each board. The line cutouts go all over the place when the board is resized. Frustrating.

KennyGive me the link to the original MPC. It may be much easier than you think, but I need to see the original before I give my suggestion.
AskBud

gapdev
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi Bud,

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19877-For-the-Kitchen..-Save-those-Countertops!

I'm trying to put 2 of these on a 23 7/8" board. I removed all of the centering and any attachments I could find, but it uses a lot of mirroring that is making things difficult for me.

I made a couple of these for myself and now everyone that sees them wants some!

Kenny

AskBud
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi Bud,

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19877-For-the-Kitchen..-Save-those-Countertops!

I'm trying to put 2 of these on a 23 7/8" board. I removed all of the centering and any attachments I could find, but it uses a lot of mirroring that is making things difficult for me.

I made a couple of these for myself and now everyone that sees them wants some!

Kennylet's do some step-by-step!
1) delete all mirrors on the front and back.
2) Hide all remaining lines on the back (do not delete).
Steps 3 thru 10 are on the front
3) return to the front.
4) Highlight every thing remaining on the front and remove the horizontal centering.
5) Un-hide the cut-out
6) Resize the design.
7) With every thing highlighted, on the front drag them to the position you wish.
8. With every thing highlighted, except the 3 lines, Mirror Horizontal (this placer design on the other end of your design).
9) Next mirror those 3 lines with a MIRROR ALL.
10) Last apply the cut-out to the opposite image.

Once you are satisfied with the front, the back should be a snap.
AskBud

PS: I hate to type! I would rather talk through this process! I love Show-&-Tell.

AskBud
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
I know! you can not see the hidden lines on the back ;)
Draw something small like a circle, and the lines will appear in the carving list. Then, you may delete the circle.
Dum-de-dum-dum!
AskBud

I'm working on a Video lesson on this thread topic now. It will be available later in the day (2/10/2012).

AskBud
02-10-2012, 03:25 AM
This topic has prompted me to make a new AVI lesson for the Tutotial section.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?5383-tutorials&p=171733#post171733

gapdev
02-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks for all the help Bud.

I did a carve today of the round and square Hot Pot's with 2 on a board and they turned out great.

The big "secret" was hiding the elements before resizing the board. Doing that, it allowed everything on the front side to move correctly as the board was resized. The back side was a different story. Had to delete the Mirrors, but at least by hiding the 3 lines, the backside then moved correctly when the board was resized.

Kenny

AskBud
02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks for all the help Bud.

I did a carve today of the round and square Hot Pot's with 2 on a board and they turned out great.

The big "secret" was hiding the elements before resizing the board. Doing that, it allowed everything on the front side to move correctly as the board was resized. The back side was a different story. Had to delete the Mirrors, but at least by hiding the 3 lines, the backside then moved correctly when the board was resized.

KennyI covered the entire process a little better in my new AVI lesson. I hate to type, and would much rather do the show-n-tell!