PDA

View Full Version : Its here (I hope)

Julie Coffey
01-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Just got an automated call from Sears my Compucarve is in (I hope) I'll be picking it up this afternoon.

Will let you all know how things are progressing.

Julie

BobHill
01-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Great news, Julie. Let us know about your first creations.

Bob

IM2HAPPI
01-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey Julie,
Im really 2 Happi now, mine is here also, gotta go get it. Later :D

Julie Coffey
01-23-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm really hoping yours is there Barb, I could use a bit of cheering up. My imported Polish great dane stud we just found out has dysplacia and will be put down tomorrow. So I'm majorly depressed and not even sure I want to open the box tonight if it is indeed there. So carve something that will make me smile- I could use it right now.

Julie

Malfunction
01-23-2007, 07:31 PM
remember to take it slow, and post your creations :) .

i pray that mine will be in tomorrow.

pine acres woodshop
01-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Hello from Pine Acres Woodshop. I just picked up my machine this evening, loaded some projects on the memory card and I'm ready to go, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow to try them out (maybe I'll take a sick day, na can't do that I have to pay for the machine) Sorry about your dog Julie, mine is getting close to that stage also, chin-up

Mark

IM2HAPPI
01-24-2007, 02:10 AM
Hi Julie,
:cry: about your dog, how old is he ? I picked up my machine yesterday afternoon. Reread all though manual again with hubby. I registered it, downloaded some files on memory card and am ready to let the chips fly in the morning. I had a few that came up with warning so I wont do those. I do know I have to auto jig them adding extra wood at each end. Want to be safe than sorry though, dont need broken bits or error due to me so will just work on those patterns some more. My puppy has eaten my second pair of glasses in less than a month. Im supporting 325 reading ones till mine come in, Geesh I hope our luck changes here pdq.
PS MyLCD screen on my laptop became gabbled this evening. Its all pinkish and looks like a cd is in background. Hopefully its nothing to bad, it flickers back to normal ever so often.
Take care

Hank
01-24-2007, 08:16 AM
It's great to hear some movement on your orders. It gives me hope.
I ordered a CC from Sears on 1/15 the expected arrival date was 2/05. Checked with them yesterday the new arrival date is 2/17.
BUMMER

Julie, Sorry about your dog. Best of luck with your new machine.

Julie Coffey
01-24-2007, 08:39 AM
He's only 8 months old this is my 8th dane in over 30 years, I've only lost one other to this and that was long ago. The breeders willing to make good on their guarantee. He's from a top kennel in Poland, I'd just have to pay shipping on the pup. But I can't really think about that right now, especially today.

It's heartbreaking but it sometimes happens even with proper nutrition and a HD free backline.

We opened up the box last night and I was having the same issues another had with letters in the serial number but I went to the site, followed their directions and got a registation number. For some strange reason it would not acknowledge my site password, so I had to re-register.

Then today the software is showing only 11 days left on the 'trial' I'll give them a call when I get back from the vets. I refuse to get worked up about anything today, will just take it one logical step at a time.

Will keep you updated on the machine,

Julie

Julie Coffey
01-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Success with the software registration- no trial period is showing. It took having to re-register for a third time though. But no harm no foul.

Another strange thing, and I dont think its a setting for my internet browser. When I go to reply to a post it redirects me to the forum listings I have to reselect the forum and then the individual post I wish to contribute to.

Any thoughts? Its a bit bothersome but obviously hasn't slowed me down too much.

J

Marzluf
01-24-2007, 09:10 AM
When I go to reply to a post it redirects me to the forum listings I have to reselect the forum and then the individual post I wish to contribute to.J

Mine does the same thing.....

I think my issue was forgetting to log in. That "flash back to the index" I think is the system logging you in.

Make sure you're logged in next time and see if it still happens.

Digitalwoodshop
01-24-2007, 02:48 PM
My machine showed up this morning 5 minute's after the Sears Lady said it was on a UPS truck for delivery. Christmas in January. It's humming away at a quick number sign. Sure would like that Centerline Text option soon. Got a call from Carve Wright from my eMail requesting to order bits. Placed a order, but they are back ordered.

AL

Julie Coffey
01-24-2007, 03:04 PM
[quote=Julie Coffey]Make sure you're logged in next time and see if it still happens.

Yep that fixed it :) Thanks! Right there in plain sight if it had been a snake it would have bit me.

J

The Bard
01-24-2007, 03:41 PM
:twisted:

Julie Coffey
01-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Now Bard I did NOT call you a snake :wink:

The Bard
01-24-2007, 04:31 PM
In some cultures the snake was a healer... 8)