PDA

View Full Version : LHR!! Please give us a straight answer on the new versions

Baron Richard
01-23-2007, 10:53 AM
There has been a lot of speculation on the Forum on the upcoming upgrade to the Designer software, including new features, Advanced vs. included versions and possible pricing for upgrades.. Could someone from LHR Technologies please set things straight as plans NOW stand?

I understand that features cannot be set in stone while still in development, but there are contradictory reports begin posted (by people reportedly forwarding information they have gotten directly from LHR staff members), and this is starting to sow FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) in peoples minds. I know I am starting to have second thought on the order I have already placed if I am going to have to pay another $500 dollars this quarter to get the capabilities that were advertised on a machine that I have not even received yet ( a 29% increase on the cost of the machine is a little steep :shock: ) ....

Please give us a definitive answer on the upgrade and version pricing plan, and does the software license agreement included with the machine provide for a period of free upgrades, or are all upgrade only going to be for sale to owners of the machine. And are there going to be tiers of capability in the software?

mobident
01-24-2007, 10:51 AM
I hope that someone frome LHR does reply, but in the mean time, here is what I got from the horses mouth about 2 1/2 weeks ago:

I decided to go to the source. I called CW and asked each of my questions, got answers and then stated all of the below back to the person to confirm that I understood correctly.

More sears machines available in 2-3 weeks

If you want to order from CW you can put your name on a waiting list. They will have machines in 4-6 weeks and they will call you when your name comes up.

The software at sears and from CW is currently exactly the same. There are not 2 versions out there.

The software that comes with a new machine from sears or CW is slightly ahead of the trial version (more, not less).

A software upgrade is shortly to be released.

The software upgrade is NOT the premium software

the upgrade will be free to owners

owners will receive free upgrades for 2 years from purchase (web site says 1 year)

The premuim package will have some level of CAD portablility with popular programs/formats. Some of the other advanced funtions that are being tossed around in the forum may be included. They decline to be more specific before a release date is announced.

There is no announced release date or price for the premium software.

Bruce

I got my machine last week from sears (three days to get it). Software was 1.112 I think, but immediately upgraded to the 1.115 online from Carvewright. All you have to do is register your software at CW, activate it and then check for upgrades. Registering requires you to choose a name and password - your forum registration does not carry over.

Labelling on the disc was all carvewright (i.e. no "compucarve" stuff). As advertised, there was no difference between this and the 1.115 trial version that I cold detect. As best as I could tell, there is simply no difference between sears and trial software
Bruce

Someone else could perhaps address the question as to when 1.115 came available. I am assuming that it is not the upcoming upgrade.