PDA

View Full Version : Carving graphics without a carve region around them?

mabco12
02-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Hi I am trying to import some graphics into the designer program and trying to get them with no carve region around them,. Can anyone help me figure this out??

Mabco12

lawrence
02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
turn off the "feather" option- it defaults to 1/8.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/Capture1024x768.jpg
Lawrence

mabco12
02-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Hi Lawrence thanks,
Looking to get the carve region gone from around clipart that I want to import into designer. Any ideas???

fwharris
02-05-2012, 12:07 PM
when you import the image into designer, in the import box try lowering the pattern some to remove the background.

mabco12
02-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks FW I will give that a shot!!

chevytrucking
02-06-2012, 08:51 AM
I've wondered about the same issue. When you import an image or ptn file, you can can adjust the height easy enough, but how about when someone shares a mpc file and you extract the patterns? Often, they extract with the carve region around them. Can you fix that without the Pattern Editor software?

mabco12
02-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Removing carve region around graphic??

AskBud
02-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Removing carve region around graphic??I'm available. Are you in a position to trouble shoot (resolve the issue)?
AskBud

gregsolano
02-06-2012, 09:06 PM
If you have the original graphic and you are doing the importing into designer use a graphics program like free paint.net. select and delete the background then save as a png file. Then import into designer, the background will be gone with no adjustment necessary. This will only work when you have the artwork. MPC's which you did not make yourself cannot be edited in pattern editor. I will post some pics in a little while of what I am talking about.

Kenm810
02-06-2012, 09:13 PM
These might get you started, Back ground removed with Paint.Net also added a little Blur with it to clean up the edges

gregsolano
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks Ken I also made some pics and yes I always use a 2 on the gaussian blur to clean the edges as well, then I save as a png and import into designer.

Alan Malmstrom
02-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi mabco12

Im wondering if maybe you are wanting the area round the graphic to be carved out at a certain depth. To do that you would want to make a square or rectangle right over the object and then give it a carve region, [Tools] menu then [Carve Region]. Then set the depth that you want.

Before using this method you would have to have dropped the background out while importing the original pattern. You can do this by clicking the down arrow in the options section of the [Import] dialog box, until the bottom color of the pattern is black or rather see through.

I think maybe this is what you are looking to do becouse the other replies didn't work for you.

Alan

Alan Malmstrom
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks Ken I also made some pics and yes I always use a 2 on the gaussian blur to clean the edges as well, then I save as a png and import into designer.

You know Greg I have never been able to delete a background in Photoshop or GIMP and then save it as a png and then open it in Designer Import and have it recongnize the bacground as transparent. I wonder if this is something that only works in certain programs. Or maybe it works if you have the Pattern Editor software which I don't have.

I have to leave it white and then lower it by hitting the arrow button in the Import dialog box.

Alan

gregsolano
02-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Alan, I don't have pattern editor either. I don't have photoshop or gimp but in paint.net when I delete any thing in an image and save it as a png it always shows transparent when importing into designer. I have been told that this is common with png files but I don't have any other photo editing software to test it with. I use this not only in backgrounds but for any element I want to delete and show as transparent.

mabco12
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the replies I will keep trying what you all are suggesting. Thanks to everyone's input on getting this to work.