PDA

View Full Version : Z truck wont move

Canemaker
02-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I was able to solve the problem, clean behind the z truck and continue carving. Thanks for everyones reply. I have two problems, I have been carving for several hours and turned off machine in usual way and returned several days later. Problem when it homes it stall with an error message 05-0303 y axis stalled and press stop. When I try to move the z truck to the center to check for any debris behind it wont move. what is the problem

cestout
02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
How many hours? If 250 of more, sounds like your Y gear box needs a rebuild. There are threads on this with pictures and all.
Clint

bergerud
02-03-2012, 07:59 PM
You need to give more information. Just how does it act? Does it stall by running into the left side behind the keypad? Does it sound different? Do you hear any clicking? How many cut motor hours are on the machine? Can you tell whether the y motor or the truck bearings are stopping it?

It is very difficult for members on the forum to trouble shoot a machine they cannot see. You need to provide as much information as you can.

Digitalwoodshop
02-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Power must be off to move it... It is a Servo Motor and electrically locks in the last position when powered up.

Look at the big FFC Cable, I had one sag and cause the servo to lock up. Only plug and un plug with power off....

I preach the 250 hours for the Y gear box, due to the heavy stress.... But Honestly... I bet the Z will go 2000 hours and still be going strong... The Z is under little stress..... And will last a very long time....

A LOOSE Z Motor has been known to cause a jam...

But you are telling me that your power is still ON... In that case you will have a problem trying to move the Z.

AL