PDA

View Full Version : How do you unlock the centering

KeystoneChuck
02-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I downloaded three different carvings and the carving is set on the cenering function. Not the "attachment" feature which I would be able to change. I downloaded three different military carves shinook, tank, apache and all three had same problem. I wanted to offset the carving to the side of the board and have a saying next to it.

AskBud
02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
I downloaded three different carvings and the carving is set on the cenering function. Not the "attachment" feature which I would be able to change. I downloaded three different military carves shinook, tank, apache and all three had same problem. I wanted to offset the carving to the side of the board and have a saying next to it.Highlight the item involved, go to LAYOUT > CENTER. There you can remove the center function(s) you wish.
AskBud

gregsolano
02-03-2012, 09:35 AM
highlight the pattern and click layout then centering, then center both. That will un-center it.

KeystoneChuck
02-03-2012, 09:45 AM
I've been pulling my hair out when I accidently hit center both on my own designs and the only way I could get rid of centering was to delete design and start over. Just tried method and works! I can't believe the time wasted redoing designs and the method was that simple. Thank You.

lynnfrwd
02-03-2012, 10:09 AM
If you have put a constraint on it like center both, then they will have a light blue background. You click on the light blue a second time to unactivate. It is like an on/off switch. Click once to turn on (light blue background); click a second time to turn function off (white or no background). Then you do center both, you have to deactivate both horizontal & vertical.

lawrence
02-03-2012, 12:53 PM
brings up a great point-- the "greyed out" part of the center functions is a little hard to see sometimes- it would be nice if it was a little darker

Lawrence

lynnfrwd
02-03-2012, 02:15 PM
brings up a great point-- the "greyed out" part of the center functions is a little hard to see sometimes- it would be nice if it was a little darker

Lawrence

Your suggestion to make it a different color is a good one. It also got me thinking (dangerous, I know) and so I checked in the Contol Panel > Display > Appearance section and changed the it to a different color scheme. It changed the white to grey (choose "Brick") and made it easier to see. Not a color I want to keep though.

Good suggestion for the software engineers! Metallus....where are you? I'll send an email.

gashawk
02-03-2012, 03:02 PM
How do you unlock the "attachment" feature? The only thing I know is to undo right after.

lynnfrwd
02-03-2012, 03:26 PM
How do you unlock the "attachment" feature? The only thing I know is to undo right after.

Right click on the yellow ####s and you can choose either Edit Attachment or Remove Attachment.

gashawk
02-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Works fine .

DickB
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM
If you have many attachments to remove, use Copy - Paste. The attachments aren't transferred to the pasted copy.

cestout
02-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Connie,
The word is toggel - hit it once it is on - hit it again it is off - etc.
Clint

lynnfrwd
02-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Connie,
The word is toggel - hit it once it is on - hit it again it is off - etc.
Clint

Yep, "toggle" is the word I couldn't pull out of my brain. Long week...

Have a good weekend all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMarkey
02-06-2012, 10:22 AM
In the designer menu, you could try view->toolbars->layout toolbar also.
The centering buttons there show in a light blue, with a 3d "selected" effect that may be easier to see.