PDA

View Full Version : Comp-u-carve for sale

Paul Hulseberg
01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
For sale Compucarve, serial number AP.007.956 $500.00 + shippping.

I used this very little, it has only 42 hours on the motor. I recently got a y-axis stall error and in trying to troubleshoot removed the cover as per instructions. Upon reassembly I got a close cover error that I cannot resolve. I give up.

Paul
405-748-4650

Digitalwoodshop
01-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Oklahoma City metropolitan area

Ike
01-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Paul the close cover is very simple, you may have plugged in the cover switch upside down. It is very easy to do for it will plug in both ways. Another thing that is not the greatest design in my opinion is the way the cover activates the switch. Just remove the cover and not placing it back just right can cause a close cover error. I have experience this and just banging the cover cleared the error for a minute!

Did you clear the y axis error? Your CW is an A model and the Y motor has been improved. I know you should not need to replace the motor so soon! But it may be as simple as dirt in the gears that from sitting and none use moisture clog it up. I hate to see you give up I bought a 4 foot by 8 foot Shopbot and never used it and sold it because of the CW I still have a 25" by 14" K2 CNC sitting in my shop never used! I really like the designer how easy it is to use and the great results the CW produces.

I know it is frustrating, but you might what to give it another chance?

Ike

rickyz
01-30-2012, 02:32 PM
I felt the same way when I first bought mine. I bought mine when they first came out and it sat for about a year without much use... then came all the info from the great guys on the forum.. been happy ever since....don't give up...

cestout
01-30-2012, 02:35 PM
I agree with Ike. These machines are not that hard to work on, or find a friend who is a good mechanic. If you understand the machine and how all the sensors work you can fix just about anything on it. Get a local StartU member to show you the how it works, but we are not allowed to do repairs.
Clint