PDA

View Full Version : Greek Orthodox Cross? ptn

Digitalwoodshop
01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I am looking for what I believe is a Greek Orthodox Cross Pattern or something close. This picture is what is requested and I actually think I could fat finger this as a mpc with lines, circles, and adding that pointed element that might be in Basic Patterns.... Not good with names of stuff like that... It will need to be filled with Grapes similar. I have some Grape Patterns that I own so that is possible.

I searched the pattern depot and did not see a cross similar and a few of the outside vendors. It looks hand cut, to the point that the round area on each side of the pointed thing has the center point of the Auger Bit marks...

It is a Joint project with my Neighbor who at some time will be getting a CW.

It will be cut on four 1 x 6 x 36 boards, just the cross and Grapes. I believe made into a box and will have wooden legs.

Suggestions?

AL who.... Pattern Challanged... Give me a Broken Cut Motor.... I can work with that...

gregsolano
01-29-2012, 08:34 PM
How about scanning it? with all your machines you gotta have a scanner?

Digitalwoodshop
01-30-2012, 11:38 AM
I do have a scanner but have never used it.... I don't have access to the board.

I think I can make something that will work. I have seen the pointed element in the pattern depot I believe and it would be a exercises in drawing lines. The and setting up vector cuts. This could be fun.

AL

eelamb
01-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Al are you needing everything in the circle?

Digitalwoodshop
01-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Ed Lamb sent me a really great pattern... THANKS YOU !!! I was just starting the manual trace using half circles when I got the pattern... Pretty cool... This is fun... I think I will play some more and give the Customer some choices.....

THANKS Ed !!!!

AL

Digitalwoodshop
01-30-2012, 02:22 PM
That was fun.... Now I just need to find that pointed thing..... Time for a Walk.... Nice day...:mrgreen:

AL

bjbethke
01-30-2012, 02:41 PM
I am looking for what I believe is a Greek Orthodox Cross Pattern or something close. This picture is what is requested and I actually think I could fat finger this as a mpc with lines, circles, and adding that pointed element that might be in Basic Patterns.... Not good with names of stuff like that... It will need to be filled with Grapes similar. I have some Grape Patterns that I own so that is possible.

I searched the pattern depot and did not see a cross similar and a few of the outside vendors. It looks hand cut, to the point that the round area on each side of the pointed thing has the center point of the Auger Bit marks...

It is a Joint project with my Neighbor who at some time will be getting a CW.

It will be cut on four 1 x 6 x 36 boards, just the cross and Grapes. I believe made into a box and will have wooden legs.

Suggestions?

AL who.... Pattern Challanged... Give me a Broken Cut Motor.... I can work with that...

Found this image on the WEB. Will it work?

eelamb
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Al that came out great, nice work, see I knew you had it in you.:)

Digitalwoodshop
01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
BJB,

I think I am on the right track... That is good to have for future projects for them... Thanks for your Effort and pattern.

Eddie,

It is like the first time you go to repair the machine.... You must TRY... And that is what I did...

THANKS Everyone for the Help.

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-09-2012, 01:25 PM
I am making progress but still need help with the Arrow Flourish Please.... I spent the day trying to make one and finally gave up... So I am asking for help. I need the small arrow flourish in a .ptn so I can rotate it and place it in the carve region... I have included the project without the pay grape vines and a container that the Arrow must fit in... It will be carved in a .1 deep carve region container on the left side of the designer screen shot.

Thank YOU for your help. The first one in my customer photo shows drill bit marks with a center tip, hand carved. It can have a slight rounded elements to it. I could not even make a flat one.... Trying to trace something.... I am still ptn challanged...

So I am looking for the Arrow head without the container.. But will fit for scale.

Thanks,

AL

cestout
03-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I think the space between the cross and the inside of the circle, and the space between the top and bottom of the outside of the circle and the border needs to be cut usint the 1/16 cutting bit (vector cut the insked and outside of the circle) to more closely match the origional. Other than that, it looks good.
Clint

James RS
03-09-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't know if this will help, I tried to make one in MOI real quick and exported it as a stl then into the Designer.If it works great!

eelamb
03-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Al Check your email

PCW
03-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Another 2 Cents! ------ I Added the Png file too, just in case you wanted to play with it a little

Well it's about time. Hope all is well. Missed ya

Alan Malmstrom
03-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Here is another one.

Alan

Digitalwoodshop
03-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I think the space between the cross and the inside of the circle, and the space between the top and bottom of the outside of the circle and the border needs to be cut usint the 1/16 cutting bit (vector cut the insked and outside of the circle) to more closely match the origional. Other than that, it looks good.
Clint

Clint, I did change to my 1/16 inch end mill and will test cut tomorrow... I am thinking it is going to look GREAT.....

Thanks for the HELP.....

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't know if this will help, I tried to make one in MOI real quick and exported it as a stl then into the Designer.If it works great!

James,

Great Star !!!! Thank YOU !!!! When I rotated it, it was too short.....

THANK YOU for the effort.... and quick reply.

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Another 2 Cents! ------ I Added the Png file too, just in case you wanted to play with it a little

Ken, THANKS !!!! Another GREAT Flourish and mpc.... Thank YOU for the QUICK REPLY.... Ran into the same thing, when I rotated it, it looked too short... Crazy...

Thanks !!!!

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Al Check your email

Eddie,

THANK YOU for the Quick Reply and email PTN. Yours was the first one I worked with as it was the first one I saw as a email. I ran into a problem squeezing it into the enclosure and when I got the Width narrow enough it was too short..... I learned SO much tonight... This has been an adventure.... I went on to play with the others and ALAN saved the day posting a PNG.....

Thanks Buddy,

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Here is another one.

Alan

Alan,

Your PNG Saved the DAY...... It WORKED.... !!!! The problem I was having with my PAY Flourishes and the FRIENDS versions posted HERE and sent to me was when I turned them or rotated them.... To fit them into the enclosure of the carve region I had to make them thinner... And then they were Shorter.... With YOU posting the PNG it let me make 7 different ptn versions, each one LONGER and THINNER..... That was the TRICK..... I learned SO much tonight.... I can really see where it is all in the PNG Gray Scale... I have so much to learn.... Time to look through ASKBUD Videos....

The Grape Vines are ChrisAlb's from the pattern depot Occasional Carver. I got both that he has on the Depot.

So here is my latest... I changed the circles and center to the 1/16 end mill. Should look better....

THANKS EVERYONE !!!!!

AL

cestout
03-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Came out good AL.
Clint

Alan Malmstrom
03-12-2012, 09:37 AM
No Problemo

It was tricky making that png because I was using your photo as a background refference to trace over but the problem was the photo was taken at an angle. I kind of proportionally resized it first before using it as a template to draw over.

Alan