PDA

View Full Version : Err E03-0400

gman
01-29-2012, 09:29 AM
After experiencing tracking problems, I installed new x-drive gears assembly and electronic x-drive board, and also installed the rubber traction belt kit. Upon attempting to check the calibration, pursuant to the new belt installation, after pressing "length" I get the error message E03-0400 "edge detection failed". Where do I start? This happens as the head moves across the width of the board from the near side to the far side.

chkorte
01-29-2012, 10:40 AM
I’ve got the same error. Friday I did an edge sensor calibration and an X-axis calibration. Everything came out good. Yesterday I carved a small project to test out my new carrier board. Everything carved fine. Today I loaded a new project on the carrier board and get the edge detection error. The “board” is a piece of black corian, however I have taped the full length of the X and Y measurement points with white masking tape. The rails are all clean and I have wiped the board sensor clean. I completely cleaned the machine after the last carve. I even loaded just a piece of maple board and it measured it just fine. When I reload the carrier board with the corian I get the error again.

gregsolano
01-29-2012, 01:56 PM
I do a lot of corian and it always requires using masking tape across the center vertically and horizontally. I always mark the center with a pencil and use jog to center. I use regular tan colored masking tape. I have never used white but I do know that when I use white corian to do litho's I have to put masking tape. It will not read the white corian, and most other speckled corian the sensors will not read the edges correctly.

chkorte
01-29-2012, 03:17 PM
I’ve got the same error. Friday I did an edge sensor calibration and an X-axis calibration. Everything came out good. Yesterday I carved a small project to test out my new carrier board. Everything carved fine. Today I loaded a new project on the carrier board and get the edge detection error. The “board” is a piece of black corian, however I have taped the full length of the X and Y measurement points with white masking tape. The rails are all clean and I have wiped the board sensor clean. I completely cleaned the machine after the last carve. I even loaded just a piece of maple board and it measured it just fine. When I reload the carrier board with the corian I get the error again.

Well I changed out the board sensor and now it's working.

gman
01-29-2012, 08:23 PM
gman here again. Since starting this thread I removed the blue painters tape from the lengthwise bottom of the board used for the tracking roller and all is well. The board I was using as my calibration board was 2.75 inches wide and the tape was about 1.5 inches wide. It occurred to me that the tracking error initiated about the time the cutting head was moving across the middle of the board. My learning curve is there but pretty wide I think. In the future I'll use cream colored masking tape as suggested going both lengthwise and crosswise. Thanks for the help!