PDA

View Full Version : naked clock problem with depth of cut

kool1963
01-26-2012, 09:56 PM
when the carvewright cut out the gears it cuts to deep and cuts all the tabs and the gears start to move around, can any one tell me what to do on this? i am useing 1/4 th inch plywood for gears and 3/4 for sled and 1/8 inch cutting bit.

AskBud
01-26-2012, 10:02 PM
when the carvewright cut out the gears it cuts to deep and cuts all the tabs and the gears start to move around, can any one tell me what to do on this? i am useing 1/4 th inch plywood for gears and 3/4 for sled and 1/8 inch cutting bit.I do not have the clock project. However, if the project calls (is designed) for 1/4 inch material, you should have gotten a query asking if you wanted to cut the project or the board (for which you would have replied "Project").
AskBud

rusty1963
02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Had the same problem. Called CW they emailed me back and said the tabs were breaking because I was using plywood. I looked closely and see no evidence of tabs. Directions tell you to use plywood. HELLO anyone at CW know how to make one these clock projects they sell. Anyway now two people have had the same problem.HELP.