PDA

View Full Version : Air Defense Artillery

JDPratt
01-24-2012, 08:55 AM
I am building a pedestal for another statue on Fort Sill, OK and it needs to have both the Crossed Cannons of the Field Artillery and the Crossed cannons with Missle of the Air Defense Artillery. I have a good Crossed Cannons pattern but the only ADA pattern I have has no "shape" to it. That is to say, the crossed cannon pattern has elevation changes and definition throughout while the ADA pattern is basically just an outline and flat. I really would like to get a ADA pattern to match the Crossed Cannons for the pedestal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy to pay for your efforts as well if it meets my needs. The crossed cannon pattern I have is Vectorart3d's if that helps.

sk8nmike
01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
If you can wait a few days I beleive I still have an Autodesk drawing of the ADA Logo (Ya I'm showing my age..live with it) that I can convert into a pattern.

Alan Malmstrom
01-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Could you post screen shots of the patterns?

Alan

JDPratt
01-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I am working on a government computer that does not allow screen shots (at least that is what I am told). But if you look at Vectorart3d's pattern of crossed cannons in the pattern store you can see how it has relief throughout the pattern and the ADA pattern I have is basically an outline and the top is flat all the way across.

gregsolano
01-24-2012, 02:12 PM
To do screenshots hit the PrntSc button (laptops and some computers require you to hold FN or Ctrl button while hitting the prntsc button. Then open paint or any paint type program and click paste to new image. You can crop the picture to get just what you want then save it as a jpg or bmp etc. You can then upload here. If you are using windows on any computer including govt. computers this will work. If you are on other operating systems it may not.

bjbethke
01-24-2012, 03:52 PM
I am building a pedestal for another statue on Fort Sill, OK and it needs to have both the Crossed Cannons of the Field Artillery and the Crossed cannons with Missle of the Air Defense Artillery. I have a good Crossed Cannons pattern but the only ADA pattern I have has no "shape" to it. That is to say, the crossed cannon pattern has elevation changes and definition throughout while the ADA pattern is basically just an outline and flat. I really would like to get a ADA pattern to match the Crossed Cannons for the pedestal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy to pay for your efforts as well if it meets my needs. The crossed cannon pattern I have is Vectorart3d's if that helps.

How about this one, I sent you a PM BJB

chebytrk
01-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Ha ! The world famous "OOGLE FINCH" ! I remember that one when I was with 32nd ADA in Spangdahlem, Germany.

How about this one, I sent you a PM BJB

JDPratt
01-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the tutorial on Scrn shots. I cant get the Gov. computer to do it, but I did get my laptop to work and transfered the pic over. See below for the difference in what I have for the ADA insignia vs. the FA insignia. Since I cut these all the way out and then apply to the project I think the FA insignia looks like it has the best releif and curves. The customer (Bosses) really likes this look on the previous projects I have done for them. Also attached is a pic of the last pedestal I did for them.

gregsolano
01-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Wow, really nice pedestal!

b.sumner47
01-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Outstanding job, Very Nice.

Capt Barry

sk8nmike
01-25-2012, 08:26 PM
How this work for you?

JDPratt
01-26-2012, 08:08 AM
That looks great. What do I owe you and how can I get it. Send me a PM.

jpaluck
01-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Sk8nmike

Looks like you got the hang of 2.5D...nice looking pattern.