PDA

View Full Version : Help with "text" bit.

Azbear
01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
I have a ton of text to carve (centerline) and heard a 20 degree bit is the one to use.

Does anyone know where I might get one at a reasonable price?

AskBud
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I have a ton of text to carve (centerline) and heard a 20 degree bit is the one to use.

Does anyone know where I might get one at a reasonable price?Eagle America has both 22 and 45 degree V-bits.
AskBud
www.eagleamerica.com (http://www.eagleamerica.com)

Digitalwoodshop
01-23-2012, 02:16 PM
I have only used the V90 and V60. I do use the 3/8 End Mill with the cutter on the bottom to cut text in Outline Mode. I use the "Modern" Font that is a single Stroke Font. It works good for about 2 inch high .10 deep letters. If I make the letters 3 to 4 inch I use a 3/4 inch end mill. But mostly work in the 2 inch range. This is a flat bottom Font that looks like the plastic Template hand cut letters.

AL

cnsranch
01-23-2012, 04:14 PM
I've been wanting to give a 22.5 degree bit a try in Centerline - it would make for some fine text....ability to make the letters closer to one another, narrower/smaller letters, etc.

Problem is I'm pretty much a "visual" guy, and you can't see what the text would look like in Designer as it doesn't allow for any other bit than a 60 or 90.