PDA

View Full Version : tracking error

gman
01-21-2012, 08:52 PM
My machine was having intermittent tracking error and load board problems that the maintenance procedures wasn't helping. So, I ordered the following parts, and while changing the x-drive gear plate, motor pak & electronic control board, and installing the rubber traction belt upgrade, I became aware that there wasn't any board tracking encoder damper to be found. I'm not sure there ever was one or that it may have fallen out many hours ago. Is it possible that the machine could carve well at times and at others, experience chronic tracking error problems if the damper was gone? I'll of course order and install one in hopes that it was the problem all along. Just looking for a plan "b" if it doesn't help.

b.sumner47
01-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Try and put a strip of masking tape on the bottom. This may help, I posted before reading totally. I will repost.

I would lay your CarveWright on it's back and remove the bottom and see if it is down below.Remember to unplug the machine first.

Capt Barry

cestout
01-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Be sure the board is not bgowed and the O ring on the tracking wheel does wear - there is a post somewhere for 100 for about $5.
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
01-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Yes, that little rubber plug, hose, block of rubber..... If missing can give you tracking problems.... It pushes up on the brass roller... Using a Vacuum Cleaner to Suck the Sawdust out of the machine is the Number One Reason that it gets missing.... It's in the Vacuum Cleaner.... and long gone....

AL

gman
01-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I've got some dampers on the way and will comment on their effect, soon, I hope.