PDA

View Full Version : Have a silly question about scanned project ...

ktjwilliams
01-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I hope there's an easy solution,, don't want to be cutting wood up with trial and error.. I scanned a neck for my Fender Strat guitar.. Saved it into my patterns.. Guess U figured out where I'm goin with this,, How in the heck do I keep the carve it's actual size ... When I add the pattern to a board it's a little bitty thing that I gotta stretch and try to guesstamate the size on the grid... This item needs pretty much to be actual size...

AskBud
01-21-2012, 06:57 PM
I hope there's an easy solution,, don't want to be cutting wood up with trial and error.. I scanned a neck for my Fender Strat guitar.. Saved it into my patterns.. Guess U figured out where I'm goin with this,, How in the heck do I keep the carve it's actual size ... When I add the pattern to a board it's a little bitty thing that I gotta stretch and try to guesstamate the size on the grid... This item needs pretty much to be actual size...Presuming that you used the probe to do your scan:
Prior to placing the pattern on your design board, un check the box at the bottom of the library list which directs the program to "Scale to fit board".
I think this may solve your problem.
AskBud

ktjwilliams
01-21-2012, 09:44 PM
I'll give it a try ... Thx Bud