PDA

View Full Version : Railyard Art Show Tomorrow

gregsolano
01-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Up late tonight getting ready for an art show at the Santa Fe Railyard. Here is some of the stuff I am taking to the show.

tierman
01-21-2012, 05:53 AM
Greg,
Looks to me like you were up late. Great job on the slabs. My favorite.

Kenm810
01-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Nice work on your Show Projects, I'll agree with "tierman" I really like the Slab Carvings.

lawrence
01-21-2012, 08:06 AM
very nice and I hope you have a GREAT show.

Lawrence

Ducky63
01-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Hope U sell it all & take orders for more!! Have a great sale!

mtylerfl
01-21-2012, 11:49 AM
That's a fine sampling, Greg! I don't think folks will be able to resist buying!

b.sumner47
01-21-2012, 02:07 PM
That's a real nice assortment, well done.

Capt Barry

CarverJerry
01-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Nice collection there Greg, hope you don't get to keep them for long.....thanks for sharing with the forum, great job on the slabs and clocks.

gregsolano
01-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks all for the kudos! Saturday at the art show was slow, hopefully Sunday will be better. Funny thing though, Last night when I posted the pic in this forum I also put it on facebook just to share what I was doing up all night. This morning I sold four items to facebook friends and have a meeting with someone to possibly carve a line of desk name plates and business card holders. Little over a hundred dollars in sales off facebook when I was not even intending to sell there. LOL, so everyone start putting your work on your facebook page!

grinanbarrett
01-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Funny thing about facebook. There is a group on facebook for the county that i live in. I had a friend tell me two months ago to post something on there... I didn't. Had some downtime this week, posted one single picture of one single item, and ended up with 6 paid and confirmed orders, and three more that are maybes. All total that one post had about 30 comments. The most I have ever seen on that particular list. I would say everyone trying to sell some of their work should try posting pictures.

jaustin
01-22-2012, 01:53 PM
I went and added some pics to my facebook page and with an hour had someone wanting to buy 4 crosses.

Thanks for the recommendation on posting pics on face book.

Next I will add my pictures to our local for sale facebook page.

Capt Bruce
01-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Greg,
You put together a really handsome selection of carvings for the show. I hope today's attendees had looser wallets for you.

gregsolano
01-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks Capt! I have at least sold a couple of things so far. Today I brought my laptop and I am making a facebook page for my woodworking business after my accidental success yesterday selling on facebook. I still have a few hours of the show today left so hoping for a few more sales. John, glad it worked for you also!