PDA

View Full Version : Springer bike for HD

CarverJerry
01-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Does anyone on the forum have a file with a springer harley motor cycle. My boss wants a plaque made with a bike but he wants it to be a springer, which is only the type of front end the bike would have. Any help would be a Great Help to me, I'am having a really hard time finding much in the bike (HD) design that looks good. Thanks in advance.

lawrence
01-20-2012, 06:34 PM
how are these?
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/1.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/2-1.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/3.jpg
Hope this helps
Lawrence

gregsolano
01-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Really nice bike patterns great job as usual Lawrence.

Ducky63
01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi Lawrence
The patterns really look nice. Thanks for them.

gwhiz
01-20-2012, 09:19 PM
I might find a use for these as well Lawrence...thanks!

CarverJerry
01-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey thanks Lawrence, I'll give them a try and see what they look like..... @ George, I see you've got a nice looking springer. By chance you have a dead on side view of it that can be posted here?

gregsolano
01-20-2012, 10:10 PM
George, any chance of adopting me? I am so envious.

gwhiz
01-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Jerry-- I looked, but I don't seem to have a direct side view. I'd take one for you, but it's raining (Tornado warning in January!?). In the meantime, here are some that are close. The backgrounds are pretty cluttered, though, if you're looking for something that you could convert...

mathman
01-21-2012, 03:33 PM
(Tornado warning in January!?).

Not too unusual around here, thirteen years ago today Arkansas was hit with a reported (and a record) 56 tornadoes. Hope you don't have THAT much 'fun'...

David

CarverJerry
01-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks Gwhiz, that is exactly what I had in mind. But yeah keep low and dry. Our weather here has been crazy too, was 55° when I got home from work the other night and by the time I went to bed it was 25°. We have about 6" of snow on the ground now after last night and now they are calling for near 48° tomorrow and monday......Crazy. If ya get a nice day and wouldn't mind taking a nice picture that would be great. I have one of my Soft Tail but my boss rides a Springer and I would like to carve something with that on it for him.

gwhiz
01-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Jerry--

I looks like tomorrow will be conducive to a photo. I'll try to find a relatively blank background for you to play with....

-George

CarverJerry
01-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Cool, thanks....yeah this guy has one of those S&S kits called a bigdog on his springer. He's also wanting me to put these two logo's on his sign but first I have to find out what font these are. Any ideas out there on these fonts are called? Thanks for everyones help.

gwhiz
01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Jerry--
You'll probably need to import the logos as pics and raster carve them. Does he have a Bigdog motorcycle? If so, it's a chopper style bike and won't look much like my Harley Springer Classic. (S&S makes engines and engine parts, BTW.) I attempted to clean up a photo of my bike--it still needs work, but it's attached. I also attached a photo of a Bigdog with a springer front end for comparison. It may be closer to what you need...

-George

CarverJerry
01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Hey George, thanks a lot. I'm actually making signs for both of my boss's. The one has a springer like yours and the other has the S&S bigdog bike. Yeah I know all about the S&S parts and stuff. I've owned 18 different bikes myself, not bragging but yeah I'm a biker at heart, just can't ride anymore due to health and age, besides I live in Ohio and we've only got a few months a year where we can ride. I did most of my riding in Arizona.... I really appreicate you taking the time to do this for me George, hope the day was nice enough where you took it out for a ride... now wish me luck in making a good carve from this. If anyone would like to jump in who is good at this feel free, it would most likely be better than what I can do. Thanks in advance.

bjbethke
01-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey George, thanks a lot. I'm actually making signs for both of my boss's. The one has a springer like yours and the other has the S&S bigdog bike. Yeah I know all about the S&S parts and stuff. I've owned 18 different bikes myself, not bragging but yeah I'm a biker at heart, just can't ride anymore due to health and age, besides I live in Ohio and we've only got a few months a year where we can ride. I did most of my riding in Arizona.... I really appreicate you taking the time to do this for me George, hope the day was nice enough where you took it out for a ride... now wish me luck in making a good carve from this. If anyone would like to jump in who is good at this feel free, it would most likely be better than what I can do. Thanks in advance.

Will this one work? I don't ride the things - not sure what each one is called.

CarverJerry
01-30-2012, 04:15 PM
That looks good except it's not a Harley Davidson Springer....not sure what it is but my boss would just flip if I used that on his HD plaque, LOL,..... His looks like the one that George (gwhiz) has and posted, even down to being red, the first picture right above his name George.

bjbethke
01-30-2012, 04:51 PM
That looks good except it's not a Harley Davidson Springer....not sure what it is but my boss would just flip if I used that on his HD plaque, LOL,..... His looks like the one that George (gwhiz) has and posted, even down to being red, the first picture right above his name George.

This one was called a Chopper. You may need some one make a good line drawing of his unit to make the PTN.