PDA

View Full Version : How to insert an imported jpeg into a carve region

Bigtyme
01-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi All,
I have had my CW for about 6 months and have had a ball with it. I have learned a ton from scanning the forum and very much appreciate all the great patterns and projects folks have shared. I hope to return the favor when I get a little more proficient. I have run into an issue that I have not been able to find a previous answer for and hope someone can help.

I would like to make some coasters for my company's 50th anniversary that would include our 50th anniversary logo on the coaster inside a recess to help hold the cup. I designed a 4.5" diameter coaster with a 3.5" dia. recess about 0.15" deep. So far so good. My problem starts from here. I imported a jpeg of the 50th logo and I seem to be unable to imbed it into the carved region without it (or part of it) sticking up in the carved recess. I have tried both normal and inverted versions and have played with both the depth of the logo and the height of the logo. Is there a way to have the CW simply carve the logo into the recess area without anything extending upward??

Any help would be greatly apprciated.....Thank you

cnsranch
01-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Try to use the Clip Carving and merge functions.

DickB
01-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Post your .mpc file so we can take a look.

cnsranch
01-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Just checked - place your pattern in the Carve Region, and make it "Merge Additive".

That'll do it.

Also play with the depth and height of the pattern - it will be different than the depth of your Carve Region, so it may not look the way you want it to until you mess with it.

Bigtyme
01-18-2012, 05:01 PM
I will give that a shot...thank you to all who gave direction. I will post the mpc and pattern if I continue to have issues. I will post it if it works too...

Bigtyme
01-18-2012, 05:17 PM
I have played with it some, but still have it raised in the recess area. I will try to include the mpc. hopefully, it will load... I guess CAD is not my strong suit :)

signman9999
01-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Bigtyme
Is this what you wanted? you can play with the depth a little to get it where you want.50535

Bigtyme
01-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Thank you very much, signman. I think that will work. really appreciate the help.