PDA

View Full Version : New Year, New Ideas... LED Lit Acrylic Clocks

Digitalwoodshop
01-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Klock Kit has come up with a new product that is something I have been wanting... A Wall Wort AA Battery Eliminator.... Sure, I could have made one from a Radio Shack Transformer and a Rechargeable Battery... But a Home Made Version always had the "Liability Issue" in my mind... So with Klock Kit making a UL Approved Version it takes the Home Made Liability away from me...

SO with THIS..... We can with the CW make projects like a CW Cut Acrylic Maltese Cross with Letters and Design cut into the BACK or FRONT... A Maltese Cross CLOCK.... And with the Wall Wort AC Transformer it is now possible to attach LED's to the Clock Contacts to Illuminate the Clock at Night.... And during the DAY... LED's can be found on eBay..

The easiest to make work with this is buy a Solar LED Xmas Lights that power from 2 AA Batteries. The LED's used in the Solar Xmas Lights are wired in Parallel as you can cut 1 or 6 lights and hook a 1.5 volt battery to them and they will light...

The Advantage of the Rechargeable Battery is that the clock keeps on running during a power outage...

They come in White, Red, Green, Blue and NEW YELLOW....... Think SPORTS CLOCKS....

Good Luck,

AL

gregsolano
01-18-2012, 01:11 PM
What a great idea at a good price as well! Thanks for giving the heads up.

dbfletcher
01-18-2012, 01:22 PM
That is a great find. I've love to see them start offering a similar unit for other battery configurations (AA, AAA, Two AA, N, etc)