PDA

View Full Version : making some spoon and problem

henry1
01-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I have been making some spoons, and having some problem ,,has anybody come across this problem from the pictures it leave a line all the way across thru the progects any ideals, what I can look to see if I can fix this problem :(50520505215052250523

dbfletcher
01-18-2012, 10:37 AM
What chuck are you using? My first thoughts would be with the z-encoder... dust.. dirty.. ect.

henry1
01-18-2012, 10:46 AM
What chuck are you using? My first thoughts would be with the z-encoder... dust.. dirty.. ect.
rock chuck I am using, also clean the Z motor encoder new bearing change the ribbon :roll:

AskBud
01-18-2012, 10:54 AM
If this is the only project that has the lines, I would suspect the MPC design.
It appears to be a 2-sided carve. A look at the MPC may help determine the source.
Are you, also, using a sled or is your board 7+ inches longer than the design?
AskBud

henry1
01-18-2012, 11:00 AM
If this is the only project that has the lines, I would suspect the MPC design.
It appears to be a 2-sided carve. A look at the MPC may help determine the source.
Are you, also, using a sled or is your board 7+ inches longer than the design?
AskBud
I am using 7 in longer and this is the only mpc one that does it ,, will try some other that I have ,,thought if ome other came acrosse the same problem just asking

TerryT
01-18-2012, 11:17 AM
It doesn't look like the text "CANADA" has the lines. I do see the lines inside some of the letters. Looks like it may the pattern itself.

Digitalwoodshop
01-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Did you cut the project in Draft, Normal, or Best Mode?

Looks like Draft...

AL

henry1
01-18-2012, 11:53 AM
It doesn't look like the text "CANADA" has the lines. I do see the lines inside some of the letters. Looks like it may the pattern itself.
I reset another pattern up from my favorite agin and reset it a different way I will try that again

henry1
02-02-2012, 06:29 AM
I did try this but no go //I changed the Z motor//The gears// sand paper roller stift fixed//only think left the Y motor to change //I also change the ribbon ..any more sugestion appreciated

henry1
02-02-2012, 09:44 AM
any help appriciated

bergerud
02-02-2012, 10:40 AM
If only this mpc has the problem and the Canada letters were ok, it must be a rough surface. Was it from a scan? Could you post the mpc so we can have a closer look?

henry1
02-02-2012, 11:21 AM
here is the mpc not a scan bought mpc also it does this on regular sign project

AskBud
02-02-2012, 11:37 AM
It appears that the MPC may be poorly designed!
The thickness is .750. The spoon (Canada) is set for a depth of .500 on the front and back. The two (2) tabs appear to be be carved apart as the front is being processed.
AskBud

bergerud
02-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok, so it is not the mpc. I had a problem like this and I believe it was the z truck rollers. They were "lumpy" with saw dust in them. It was hard to tell by just moving the truck up and down. When I loosened the bearings so that I could spin them by hand I could feel the lumps. That is all I can think of.

henry1
02-02-2012, 11:57 AM
It appears that the MPC may be poorly designed!
The thickness is .750. The spoon (Canada) is set for a depth of .500 on the front and back. The two (2) tabs appear to be be carved apart as the front is being processed.
AskBud
Thx bud ,,you see it did it with a sign I set up also now that bergerud mention that about the bearing is the last thing to do I am going to change them all Y and Z if recalled a year go it happen so guy I thank you for the responce// like my saying below

Fardoche
02-03-2012, 05:52 AM
I had the same problem a while ago. Too much vibration on X or Z. Changed the bearing and It solved my problem.

Thx bud ,,you see it did it with a sign I set up also now that bergerud mention that about the bearing is the last thing to do I am going to change them all Y and Z if recalled a year go it happen so guy I thank you for the responce// like my saying below

henry1
02-06-2012, 10:10 AM
I have been making some spoons, and having some problem ,,has anybody come across this problem from the pictures it leave a line all the way across thru the progects any ideals, what I can look to see if I can fix this problem :(50520505215052250523
You all remember the problem Well I finaly found it here is a few picture , the Y plate make sure you drill the screw dead center, now have no more line across the project thank god, lol I have learn from this when you look at the back , you can see were it was rubbing