PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kodiak Alaska

Ambrose
01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Im really excited about being on this list and cant wait till I am able to purchase my first machine. I am working with Vocational Rehabilitation in Starting a new business. They really like the idea and concept I just have to get all the nuts and bolts of the business plan put together.

My name is Ambrose and I am a father of three boys ages 12, 14, and 16 and I have a wonderful wife. We live in Kodiak Alaska. A few years ago I developed Crohns Disease and due to surgeries and how active the disease is I am no longer able to work. However I am not satisfied on disability so I am trying to start my own business to regain my independance. I am looking forward to geting to know some of you and being apart of this great community.

Ambrose Stapleton

jaroot
01-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your business. There are a few guys here who use the CW in their businesses. I'm sure that they will be a wealth of info for you.

chebytrk
01-17-2012, 10:07 PM
welcome to our family amigo! We're ready to help ..... Just ask away.

Digitalwoodshop
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Someone I talked to made the Mini Baseball Bats and sold them to Alaskan Fisherman to Bonk the Salmon on the head to stop the flopping and cannot keep them in stock.... Just an idea..... Doing them on a lathe is faster... He may engrave on them with the CW..? Not Sure...

Fish Measuring Boards are another product you could do.... Along with Wooden Game boards for the Long Nights... And then the Tourist Market.... Lots of ways to make money.....

I am one of the "Mr. Fix It" guys having learned over the years... I am always available through a PM or email or even Phone... My number is on the bottom pages of my website.

Read Tips and Tricks.... That will HELP.... Get a Dust Collector Hood from Ringneck Blue's.... Get a Good Quality Filter Dust Collector... The Cheap BAG Units let you breath the WORST of the Fine Dust... The Pelted Filter Versions are the BEST....

Good Luck,

AL

bjbethke
01-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Im really excited about being on this list and cant wait till I am able to purchase my first machine. I am working with Vocational Rehabilitation in Starting a new business. They really like the idea and concept I just have to get all the nuts and bolts of the business plan put together.

My name is Ambrose and I am a father of three boys ages 12, 14, and 16 and I have a wonderful wife. We live in Kodiak Alaska. A few years ago I developed Crohns Disease and due to surgeries and how active the disease is I am no longer able to work. However I am not satisfied on disability so I am trying to start my own business to regain my independance. I am looking forward to geting to know some of you and being apart of this great community.

Ambrose Stapleton

Welcome, your's is one state I have not seen, Here is a pattern that should be worth a Quarter to help you with your investment. BJB

gregsolano
01-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Welcome aboard, There are a lot of people willing to help in here, just ask.

BBrooks
01-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Welcome Ambrose,
You'll find a great and helpful community here. I salute your strength of will to be independent!
I suffered an injury that took me out of work but I came back, that is the American way.
Ask away and best of fortune!

ONLY WINGE
03-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Hello Ambrose My name is Jim I live in Homer Alaska. I have just received my machine about two weeks ago. I have had so much help from the GREAT people on the forum. I hope you enjoy the carvewright.

chebytrk
03-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Greetings Ambrose and welcome aboard. I've got a buddy up that way lives in Wasilla. Just sent him a plaque for the band he plays with "Fat Chance". Let me know when or if you ever reach the gold "honey hole" and I'll head up that way myself ! Rather do that than go Crab Fishin'... I'd get too sea sick. ha LOL

Old Salt
03-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Welcome
you can make a little and have fun learning to.
Good Luck
I run a wood shop and stay busy with it.

Gary

Guskimo
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Ambrose,

Once you do get your carvewright system up and going that is when the fun begins. I got my machine the middle of last month and have a lot of people wanting me to do work for them. This is a hobby that will pay off over time if you treat it as a business. In any event I live in Palmer Alaska and if you would like to contact me shoot me an email at magistrate007@yahoo.com . Good luck.