PDA

View Full Version : CW Project Designer Version 1.181 Released

lynnfrwd
01-17-2012, 03:47 PM
This new version has been released.
One of the main things this new release does is that it fixes the installation issues for MAC Lion Operating Systems and should also make it possible to install on Windows Vista WITHOUT using the "Run As Administrator" command.

***The "Run As Administrator" command is still necessary when installing on Windows 7 OS.***

Even though you are the admin of your own computer, you still need to physically RIGHT CLICK on the installation file and select "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" to install Project Designer Software on any Windows 7 operating system. (It was never necessary on Windows XP.)

We are working on a more updated version of the installation instructions.

It also fixes an issue with STL Importer where the orientation cube would rotate even though the mouse was not pressed.
There are also some firmware tools in this new version that will assist us in pinpointing an issue with your machine. These tools should allow us to more quickly identify the issue & reduce the amount of time customers spend assisting us in troubleshooting. These tools are meant to be used by LHR in-house. While it will not concern most of you, I know there are some that will want to know more about what it does. Basically, these tools are for testing the X, Y, & Z axes (I looked it up and that is the correct plural for axis.) It also allows us to independently test the cut motor. (Sorry, I don't have any further explanation.)

bergerud
01-17-2012, 08:08 PM
The new "user test" feature in the 1.181 firmware is nice. (it is 8 in the configuration menu (0) after the sensor check 7) Many times I have wanted to run one of the motors without having to pretend to carve. But now you have to tell us what the A and M returned numbers mean!

lynnfrwd
01-17-2012, 08:18 PM
You evidently already know more than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynnfrwd
01-18-2012, 10:44 AM
These tests are meant to be conducted over the phone under the instruction of a hardware technician. Sending the machine in to us is not a requirement of using this new diagnostic tool. We do have a document that we will be posting to assist those that want to know more about this tool and what it all means.

bergerud
01-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks, this was a great idea.

lynnfrwd
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Attached you will find a document that further explains the new tool in Version 1.181 for Testing X, Y, Z Axis & Cut Motor.

The intent of this tool is to assist customers in pinpointing machine issues while on the phone with a Hardware Technician.

http://www.carvewright.com/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_XYZ_Axis_Testing.pdf

Digitalwoodshop
01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Very Nice !!!!

AL

Smoken D
01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Very, very, nice!

dbfletcher
01-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Very, very, very nice! (let the progression continue)

gregsolano
01-19-2012, 09:29 AM
I always wait a few weeks to make sure any bugs are found before I update. So not just for me but for everyone if you update and come upon any issues be sure and post them so LHR can address them. Looks like some useful tools as well as the mac users should be happy.

RMarkey
01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Please understand that whatever values you get from a diagnostic test DO NOT SPECIFICALLY INDICATE any machine error!

The values are for statistical purposes.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it!