PDA

View Full Version : Just got new machine...I'm not a happy camper.

KeystoneChuck
01-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Just took deliver of my new CW machine. I would love to say how I like it but I have a 80# paper weight in my garage. Can't really do much without the card for the cardreader. I called CW immediately and (Joe) explained to me that he pulled the Quality Control Report and it shows it was in there. I guess I'm a liar...I would like nothing more than to try my new machine out but instead I have to wait till I get my card for the reader. I asked since I have the 30 day warranty could the reader shipping be expidited since it took a week to get the machine which would be 1/4 my warranty period. He stated it wasn't up to him and it will probably just be dropped in regular mail. Thanks, I'll pay my credit card interest for a week while I wait to use the machine. By the way if you go and purchase the CW machine, don't pay the extremly extra amount for UPS instead pay the $82 for regular mail (I know is says $79 on their FAQ page but we will overlook that) and still receive it by UPS. I am very upset with the CW support so far, I felt like a kid being blamed for stealing a piece of candy. I DON'T HAVE THE CARD!! If I did I wouldn't be ***** and moaning on the forum while a $1000.00 paper weight keeps my garage company.:mad:

gregsolano
01-16-2012, 05:06 PM
I do have one bit of good news. The thirty day warranty does not start until you register the machine so if you have not already done so hold off to register until you get the card reader. Its only fair to you.

KeystoneChuck
01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks; I will take your advice.

easybuilt
01-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Sorry about your problems, I would also suggest getting a spare card, I tried washing mine, by mistake. It did not survive.
You can buy one from Lowe's for $27.00 and if you pick it up in store there is no delivery charge.
You will enjoy your machine when it is up and running and I have always had good help from CW support.

KeystoneChuck
01-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Perfect! I didn't know that Lowes sold the cards only. At least I will be able to see it run. Does Lowes sell bits also? I wanted to run the machine then buy a V carve bit once I felt confident with the basics of the machine but since I'm there...I purchased the Centerline text at the same time as the machine. I asked Joe from CW about getting a V carve locally (I have mlcswoodworking 30 min away) and use CW stop collars on the 1/2" shafts, he said that the machine will only run with their special bits. Is that true?

lynnfrwd
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Before you take a trip to Lowe's, you should know that it is special ordered and not IN STOCK. LHR's v-bits are suggested, but I'm pretty sure people are using ones other than ours. You do need the stop collars and a 1/4" split collet.

easybuilt
01-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes, you can get your carving bit from Lowe's for the same price. They buy it from Carvewright and it is shipped to the store for you to pick up. Shipping time is the same. I purchase CMT 858.001.11 Laser Point Router Bit 1/4-Inch Shank, 1/2-Inch Cutting Diameter, 7/16-Inch Cutting Length, 60 Degree Cutting from Amazon works great and only about $29.00. But watch you warranty, it may not be covered when not using cw bits.

KeystoneChuck
01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Update with CW support. I am VERY HAPPY to see I just received tracking numbers for my missing memory card for UPS and not the United Snail Mail Service. I just might be able to play this weekend. I have been toying with the trial version of the software (don't want to registar till I get my card and start the warranty period). I am floored at what the machine or at least the software will do. I am in AWW at what I can do with clip art and a simple photograph. If you are thinking about buying machine, play with the trial version first unlike myself and I think you won't be sitting on the fence anymore. Like to say thanks to lynnfrwd for heads up on Non Stock parts at Lowes was going to run out last night during ice storm. Hope machine compares to software so far.

lynnfrwd
01-17-2012, 12:04 PM
You're welcome.

According to UPS tracking it should be there before the weekend.

Also, sorry, you experienced this delay.

Our procedure is to have one person pack the order and a second to come through and double check that the order is correct. Two sets of eyes are always better than one, but it doesn't mean that we don't still sometimes err. I can't imagine Joe actually calling you a liar and I certainly hope you didn't really take it that way. Sometimes, customers, like kids at Christmas, are so excited about their new toy that they accidentally unpack and cover up things in the wrappings. I'm sure he just wanted you to double check. Glad we could get it sent out to you and replaced before the weekend.

Enjoy your new C machine!!

KeystoneChuck
01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the update. To clarify my first post, no Joe did not call me a liar (directly). He told me after waiting a few minutes on the phone that he just checked the Quality Control Report and it said it was in there. I told him that my wife and I laid everything out on the floor and checked the box and all of the packaging then we thought maybe it was inside the machine since the paper work said each machine is run at CW to make sure it is running properly because you may encounter saw dust. We checked no card; checked packing foam we even thought maybe it was in the muffler for some shipping reason. Nothing. And when I told him all of this he stated "well the report says you got it" and I repeated to him I don't and he stated it again with silence at the end thats were I came up with I must be lying then. There is nothing more I want to do than buy something and watch it sit there and not know if works or not. I understand people get excited and just start tearing items apart to play with, but after reading the positives and negatives reviews on this forum a great deal being operator simple errors. We treated this machine like it was a bomb and unpacked it in the same manner so I am 100% positive the card was not in the box. I own my own business and I understand the rule "the customer is always right" is a bunch of bull because a great deal of customers are going to make it your fault before they admit it was theirs and have to pay for it. But in this case it was legitimate and I feel that Joe could have handled it in a different way. I don't know if you have access to the registration part or not but I think the proof is, I haven't registered my new machine sitting in my garage because it will not operate without the card... I hope to have something to show for my purchase on the weekend so far the software part is amazing and hope machine can match.

lynnfrwd
01-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to rehash. Like I said, we do try to double check, but are still capable of making errors.

I'm glad everything is resolved.

Lynn

jaroot
01-17-2012, 07:32 PM
I've used "other" bits in my machine with no issues. Basically there is nothing special about most of the bits that LHR sells. If you get a good quality carbide vee-bit from Lowes/Home Depot/Ace etc. you shouldn't have any problems. You could even get one with a 1/2" shaft so you don't need to use the collet. I'm not saying don't buy bits from LHR but don't just buy a bit. Shipping will kill you unless you buy a bunch of stuff at the same time. As far as the warrenty is concerned in a short 30 days it won't mater anymore. Some one posted the dimensions. If you stick to that you should be fine.

Perfect! I didn't know that Lowes sold the cards only. At least I will be able to see it run. Does Lowes sell bits also? I wanted to run the machine then buy a V carve bit once I felt confident with the basics of the machine but since I'm there...I purchased the Centerline text at the same time as the machine. I asked Joe from CW about getting a V carve locally (I have mlcswoodworking 30 min away) and use CW stop collars on the 1/2" shafts, he said that the machine will only run with their special bits. Is that true?