PDA

View Full Version : Carving Text on top of text

thordog1957
01-14-2012, 09:12 PM
I have completed 2 projects with my new machine, first one was great, the second I attempted to put my last name and layer my name and my wifes on top of our last name on the bottom, I want our names to be level, howerver they are like mountians and valleys oner our last name, is there a trick to getting the tops of our names level?

Thanks
Jon

AskBud
01-14-2012, 09:34 PM
I have completed 2 projects with my new machine, first one was great, the second I attempted to put my last name and layer my name and my wifes on top of our last name on the bottom, I want our names to be level, howerver they are like mountians and valleys oner our last name, is there a trick to getting the tops of our names level?

Thanks
JonI think we will have a better chance to help, if you attach your MPC for us to view.
AskBud

thordog1957
01-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi AskBud

I have attched my MPC for the second one I did for my friend that turned out the same, I erased the one with my name,the second one the Charles & Cindy is over the BLACKBURN'S and changes levels on top of text as it is over backgound surrounding the BLACKBURN, I want the Charles & Cindy to be level on top of the text.

chkorte
01-14-2012, 10:42 PM
hi askbud

i have attched my mpc for the second one i did for my friend that turned out the same, i erased the one with my name,the second one the charles & cindy is over the blackburn's and changes levels on top of text as it is over backgound surrounding the blackburn, i want the charles & cindy to be level on top of the text.

i don't know exactly what you mean by wanting them level but if you take your names and select a subtractive merge style it will carve the names into the larger last name.

thordog1957
01-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi, What i mean by level is that the Charles & Cindy , the letters are the same hieght about 1/8 inch on top of the BLACKBURN and 1/8 inch on top of the background so when one of the letters changes from on top of the BLACKBURN to the backgrond it drops off like a stair step

Thanks
Jon

AskBud
01-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi AskBud

I have attched my MPC for the second one I did for my friend that turned out the same, I erased the one with my name,the second one the Charles & Cindy is over the BLACKBURN'S and changes levels on top of text as it is over backgound surrounding the BLACKBURN, I want the Charles & Cindy to be level on top of the text.

Not exactly what you wanted, but it's my revision. Note that I used some draft on the smaller text, and I changed the font on the date to be the less bold version.
AskBud

thordog1957
01-14-2012, 11:30 PM
AskBud

With this the Charles & Cindy would still be stairsteped overtop of the Blackburns, I was wanting it to turn out like this picture of text over text where there is no stairstepping50397

AskBud
01-15-2012, 12:00 AM
AskBud

With this the Charles & Cindy would still be stairsteped overtop of the Blackburns, I was wanting it to turn out like this picture of text over text where there is no stairstepping50397Try changing the height on Charles & Cindy to 999. Leave the depth where it is. I would also add a small draft. This may be your solution.
AskBud

thordog1957
01-15-2012, 12:14 AM
I think that will do the trick.

Thanks
Jon

mathman
01-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Is this anywhere close?

David

thordog1957
01-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Thanks Mathman ,That is what I came up with also, I think that will work.

Thank to all
Jon

SteveEJ
01-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Like Bud says, select 'Charles & Cindy' then set the height to 999. That should do it.

mathman
01-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Like Bud says, select 'Charles & Cindy' then set the height to 999. That should do it.

Just setting the height on that text seems to be insufficient - it still had the 'stair-step' effect. It took:

1) Setting the height of 'Charles & Cindy' to 999 as mentioned
2) Reset all merges to 'Normal'
3) Move the Rectangle carving area element to the top of the Carving List
4) Change the depth of 'Blackburn' to something greater than .125 (used .25 in my previous posting)

At least that's what was required in my playing around with the original mpc that was posted.

David