PDA

View Full Version : Carving & Woodburning patterns

Hanna
01-22-2007, 02:29 AM
I have a bunch of Carving and Woodburning patterns in jpg format. Will those work with this machine? They are basically just black and white drawings, kind of like pencil drawings.

Thank you :)

Greybeard
01-22-2007, 03:09 AM
Just a black line should give you an "engraved-like" cut, but it will be done in a raster mode, so I think the effect may not be satisfactory.
You would need to use a v-bit tool, and adjust the "black" to equal a very small depth of cut.

The only test is to try one. If it's ok, then they all will be. :)

John

Hanna
01-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Now I am really going to show my ignroance. What is rastor mode?

menewfy
01-22-2007, 07:06 AM
i had the same question you can check the following link to see what i thought was a good anwer

tim

Hanna
01-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Ummmm....there is no link?

Digitalwoodshop
01-22-2007, 10:15 AM
In the nut shell, Raster is back and forth. Like painting a picture by going from the top left corner to the top right corner then from the top right corner to the top left corner but slightly lower. Back and forth, along the way it produces or builds the complete image as it goes. It might do it in many passes going slight lower with each pass as to not overload the cutting bit.

Vector is like a scroll saw following a line and cutting something out. Letters can also be done in Vector where the machine will put the head down and plow the shape of the letter with every pass slightly deeper.

Letters done in raster will be developed from right to left top to bottom with all the rest of the detail.

Vector is also used to cut your design out of a solid board as it makes passes around the design. A small thin tab will be left automatically at the bottom of the cut when the vector outline cut gets to the bottom to prevent the piece from breaking free and jamming.

AL

menewfy
01-22-2007, 10:55 AM
opps sorry about that my bad

tim

http://carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1025&highlight=vector+raster