PDA

View Full Version : how to level the head

63falcon757
01-13-2012, 03:18 PM
I have beeen having problems getting my head pressure rite for a while now. I went thru the carvewright manuel and searched the fourms, but I cant find info telling me how to level the head. I followed the instructions on how to adjust the post and lube the lead screws. I put white lithum on the screws and chain lube with molly on the post. I followed direction on tightining the post back dow so the align them selves, and i checked the tie rid to be sure the play was there. I have noticed that when the head is all the way up, that the post stick out the head further on one side than the other. current head pressure is 40-48lbs. can anyone advise?

Deolman
01-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Use two pieces of paper long enough to stick out each end and crank the head down. Now check to see if one piece of paper can be pulled out. If not the head is level. If so you, will need to remove the bottom cover and adjust the cross shaft relation so it moved the head parallel. This means dis-engaging one end and turn the vertical shaft until the head is level and then re-engaging the cross shaft. I would redo the vertical post alignment once again so the posts are vertical after the head adjustment. There is documentation telling the procedure. I will try to find it. You might do a search on the forum as I know this subject has come several times.

The instructions are here:

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/support/maintenance.php

Digitalwoodshop
01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
I am slipping.... Snoozing..... Good Job with the help... You were Spot On and with Doccumation.... Cool...

AL

36 Years ago tonight was my first night of Bootcamp.... I had failed my Swim Test and was called a "Rock".... A few lessons and I was a Fish and so began a 20 year, 27 Country Navy Career.... Yoooo Hoooooo.....

63falcon757
01-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Awesome, I will give this a shot . Thank u!