PDA

View Full Version : Same Same on Board but carved different...

chebytrk
01-12-2012, 09:17 AM
I have placed to identical carves on one board and after carving the project each carve has carved different in that the plaque on the right has deeper carve and shows different depths. However, when I first saw this in designer I found it odd and proceed to do a "stare and compare" and checked that both project' settings were exactly the same. They did show the same settings so I figured that maybe it was the "lighting" on the object in Designer so I changed that and it still looked to be 2 different depth carvings. I figured "no big deal" and maybe some type of optical illusion :) So... I've finished the carve and it came out nice, but I do see a difference in the carvings where the one on the right is actually deeper and for instance the Square and Compass is actually "raised" higher. Not too big of a deal, but more just a curiosity as to how it happened. I'm attaching the .mpc (free to use). You'll see that some of the settings are different now in the mpc in Designer as I'm still playing with it trying to get them both to match up "appearance wise".

AskBud
01-12-2012, 09:44 AM
I see two steps.
First, I moved the Masonic emblem out ot the group and up under the top flag. This allowed me to delete all groups.
Second, as you know the Height on the flags and emblems are not the same. You may now change them at will.
AskBud

chebytrk
01-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Fantastic ! Thank you sir!

I see two steps.
First, I moved the Masonic emblem out ot the group and up under the top flag. This allowed me to delete all groups.
Second, as you know the Height on the flags and emblems are not the same. You may now change them at will.
AskBud

Capt Bruce
01-12-2012, 05:57 PM
I suspected the same sort of stacking before I'd read AskBud's response. Tried just selecting the left set of details and deleting that whole coaster. Then copied all on the right and pasteing the whole design on the left side. Identical set. So the order does affect the end result. Nice design Brother.