PDA

View Full Version : Looking for bit help in the Little Rock, No. Little Rock, Maumelle, AR area

keninar
01-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Looking to acquire a 1/8" cutting bit for a Carvetight machine asap.

Long story short:

Lost a bet - picked the wrong team in a bowl game (no, not the LSU-'Bama game, the Cotton Bowl).

On the off-chance I'd lose, I designed a carved box for a bottle of Woodford Reserve - the "bet booty."

Got ready to carve the box this evening, and managed to snap my last 1/8 cutting bit during the prior project. Entirely my fault this time - realized my error just prior to the snap.

Would like to get this carved and delivered this weekend - tired of listening to the whining!

So - I've got my back against the wall and inquiring if anyone in the Little Rock area has a bit they would part with.

If so, drop me a pm or response and we'll work out the details.

Sidenote- Just passed my 1-year anniversary with my CW. Have had a great time - still climbing the learning curve. Been able to do much more than these feeble hands can do with a chisel and gouge!

Forums are a great resource for ideas, remedies and inspiration - Thanks to All!

Keninar

lawrence
01-11-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm not close enough-- but amazon prime ALWAYS is :)

If you buy from amazon you can overnight the bit-- if you are a prime member (which is AWESOME) you can overnight it for $3.99 - free 2 day shipping- My prime membership has paid for itself several times over.
cutting bit
http://www.amazon.com/CarveWright-BCT125-Cutting-Bit-Adaptor/dp/B000WR33M8/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1326345393&sr=8-12
carving bit
http://www.amazon.com/CarveWright-BCR062-Carving-Bit-Adaptor/dp/B000WR33LY/ref=sr_1_5?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1326345467&sr=8-5

perhaps not the answer you were looking for... but it's a solution if you have to get the bit RIGHT NOW!

keninar
01-12-2012, 05:05 AM
Thanks Lawrence - checked there first to find this particular bit "out of stock."

But you are correct - The price is "right" and the shipping most reasonable - but no need to stir that pot again.

Thanks for the input.
keninar

lawrence
01-12-2012, 07:17 AM
darn it... I didn't see that. Sorry man, I tried.

I wasn't opening up a shipping versus argument either-- most companies out there can't compete with the deal Amazon gets with fedex and UPS understand that.

Lawrence

keninar
01-12-2012, 08:54 AM
And I appreciate it!!!

Thanks!

eromran
01-12-2012, 09:48 AM
If you don't already have a bit i can send you a brand new one with adapter (not for C Ver) for $20 or 3 for $50
that will include shipping
These are new unused bits THANKS

lynnfrwd
01-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Check with Skeeterman...he is in No. Little Rock.

keninar
01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Eromran - Thanks for your most kind offer - but I have a C machine.

lynnfrwd - Thanks for the pointer - I think Skeeter is on the road. He had mentioned in a recent discussion that there were a few more machines in this vicinity - but I've not met the owners yet.

Guess my issue is a pretty good catalyst to form a local users group, huh?!!

Thanks to all.

Ken

skeeterman
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I have one but will not be back I town until Monday
Steve

skeeterman
01-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Keninar, there is wassacoP in Cabot area and crash in pine bluff area
Steve

keninar
01-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks, Steve. Give me a heads up (notification on here will work great) when you get back. Monday will work fine.

I appreciate your assistance. Travel safe.

Ken

skeeterman
01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Pm sent your way
Steve

rickyz
01-16-2012, 03:47 PM
if you don't have a lot to do, i've used rotozip bits with some success.. wouldn't recommend them for a lot of work and definitely make multiple passes but i've used them in a pinch if you can't get a real bit in time...