PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

Rolltide4469
01-10-2012, 11:27 AM
So I just got this thing and love it already! Just need some help...of course..lol.....When uploading a project from the card to the machine it asks for bit selections. How do you know which cut it is asking to select bits for? Probably a dumb question but I just cannot find the answer anywhere.

AskBud
01-10-2012, 11:49 AM
So I just got this thing and love it already! Just need some help...of course..lol.....When uploading a project from the card to the machine it asks for bit selections. How do you know which cut it is asking to select bits for? Probably a dumb question but I just cannot find the answer anywhere.
The Machine will ask for every bit you apply to your project design (MPC) prior to the unit beginning the carve.
This, first, provides you with a cross check to assure you have the correct bits at hand (since you may not have designed every MPC yourself). The unit does an initial chuck placement test on this step, and verifies it when it asks for it while carving (this was an absolute necessity with the old quick change chuck, due to the potential of a miss-mount of the adapter). The last bit it checks is usually the bit which will begin the carving process.
AskBud

Rolltide4469
01-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks Bud, So the bit it displays at the beginning of each check is the one that I progammed in while designing the pattern? So there is no need to select a different one? I was just confused because of the option to change the bit selection on the machine prior to selecting it.

AskBud
01-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks Bud, So the bit it displays at the beginning of each check is the one that I progammed in while designing the pattern? So there is no need to select a different one? I was just confused because of the option to change the bit selection on the machine prior to selecting it.Just place the bit requested. While the machine carves it will ask for the next bit to be used and cross check to see that it matches the bit length it measured on the initial insert. It those measurements do not match, it will presume you mounted the wrong bit or that it is not properly mounted.
AskBud