PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT CW ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE - Jan 12, 2012

atauer
01-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Hey guys,

We are having issues with our entire network here at the office. We do have phone service at the moment, but with the severe storms rolling through, it may knock them down.

Also, because of the weather, we are having issues with our entire network. We are working to get everything back up and running, and hope to have it done soon.

Thanks,

lynnfrwd
01-09-2012, 03:21 PM
UPDATE: Store and customer accounts are still down. Phones seem to be working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chebytrk
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM
UPDATE: Store and customer accounts are still down. Phones seem to be working.

"Houston.... YOU have a problem"... Starship Enterprize out........ That's NOT FUNNY Scotty.. beam down my clothes.... NOW ! :mad:

lynnfrwd
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Lol!

This gives "dead in the water" a new meaning!!

lynnfrwd
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
We did need the rain, but geewillickers!!

atauer
01-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Sure does!

Anyone wanna let me borrow a boat? I may need it this evening when I get home...

lynnfrwd
01-09-2012, 04:05 PM
You mean TO GET home...

atauer
01-09-2012, 04:12 PM
You know what I meant...

SteveEJ
01-09-2012, 06:38 PM
While you guys were playing with the network I landed in Houston twice! My plane, which was supposed to land at Hobby was diverted to IAH because of the storms. Funny thing.. I am actually going to be working AT IAH but couldn't get off because of luggage. So, 90 minutes later off to Hobby we went. Floods, Traffic and more delays later I am finally at the Hotel!
Whew.. What a day!

lynnfrwd
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Welcome to H-town!!

Hope that ur trip gets only better.

atauer
01-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Good news is I didn't need a boat to get home. Bad news is I was without power for a while last night, and have to replace a window at home. Apparently there was quite a bit of hail associated with the storm yesterday, and the glass was cracked.

I was surprised at how intense the storms were. The one that hit the town I live in tore up our mall, took out several power poles and lines, and just made a mess of the rest of town. Not a lot of serious damage, except for the mall, where the roof caved in.

Oh well. Life goes on.

lynnfrwd
01-10-2012, 11:31 AM
LHR is up with limited access.

We have access to view the store, but cannot process orders through our credit card verification system. It appears that a few orders are being placed by customers online with some success although some customers are reporting getting a "Fatal Error" message when trying to place orders through the store.

Our tracking system - Customer Account - for registering computers, machine, software, & other is still down.

We also have NO EMAIL access.

The phones, forum, website and Facebook account are functioning.

lynnfrwd
01-10-2012, 11:58 AM
We seem to be coming back online. Emails are pouring in to our mailboxes. Tracking is not back yet, but they are still working on it. We haven't tried to process an order on the store yet, but will let you know.

Loriblackdog
01-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Is part of the issue being unable to login to your account due to i am unable to today.

lynnfrwd
01-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Yes, the Tracking System that we use to register the machine, software, computers, etc is still down. Customers access the Tracking System through their Customer Account Login either top right on our website or through the Project Designer software under HELP.

Loriblackdog
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Ok, that explains why, tkx again.

chief2007
01-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I understand this is out of the companies control, but I am frustrated by tech support when trying to get replacement parts under my machine's warranty.

I have troubleshot the machine, I know exactly what parts it needs, I have the machine serial number, hours, etc, etc, etc, and what I get from the tech team is we need you in front of your machine to diagnose the problem

I have currently 2 machines now so that made it easy to find out what was wrong, I went one area at a time switching parts, until I found the problem, so I don't need the run around when I call.

I am venting a bit so forgive me, just have called at least 6 times now. understood yesterday, but told now, told to call later because they can not document the warranty problem, but if I was to "order parts" I could get them now

lynnfrwd
01-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Any new machine or computer registration, advanced software, patterns, projects or subscriptions purchases WILL NOT be able to be activated until we get the system back up and running.

New activation codes or software serial keys will also not be generated. We also cannot do this manually.

Capt Bruce
01-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Any new machine or computer registration, advanced software, patterns, projects or subscriptions purchases WILL NOT be able to be activated until we get the system back up and running.

New activation codes or software serial keys will also not be generated. We also cannot do this manually.

Thanks for the updates Connie and Team. As the new owner of a brand new 5-Year Anniversary CW, may I expect the Warranty to be extended by the duration of the LHR outage since I cannot register it on-line and unlock it to test carve? Or am I misunderstanding this new machine registration process compared to my old B machine setup? I've been hesitant to start the process knowing what your area is going through (FEMA readouts keep me advised hour by hour). Your advice would be appreciated given the brief Warranty and what Lawrence's friend went through recently with his C CW and your special efforts to assist him. Thanks in advance.

lynnfrwd
01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Your warranty will start when you register the machine, so long as it is within a reasonable period of time from date of purchase. In other words, officially it starts from date of purchase, but we clock it off registration date. Giving time for processing, shipping and reasonable setup time is standard. Intentional delay of registration is of course NOT acceptable.

We're good Capt Bruce. Sorry for the delay in you playing with your "new toy"!!

The guys were there until late last night and still there when I left at 7 tonight. Cross your fingers it will be up tomorrow, but we evidently took a pretty hard hit.

TerryT
01-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Is this problem going to extend to shipping of machines ordered the end of last week?

lynnfrwd
01-11-2012, 07:08 AM
We were unable to ship anything on Monday. We did ship machines and other packages yesterday.

lynnfrwd
01-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Emails are back up and evidently Tracking System is too!!!

Jeff_Birt
01-11-2012, 08:27 AM
I feel your pain Lynn! We lost Internet and phones early Tuesday morning and got things mostly working again by Noon. Not sure what the problem was (service provider had some issue) but it sure brings everything to a screeching halt :( Even a few hours of interruption is a big problem...

lynnfrwd
01-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Most people were very understanding and patient, some not so much...

Kenm810
01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Not that I needed anything for the last couple of days from Texas, and I’m not admitting to any kind of warm fuzzy feeling .
But it was rather reassuring to see your text announcements that this is just a temporary problem, and that you and the LHR staff are close at hand.

Thank You

Capt Bruce
01-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Connie,
My thanks as well for the updates your team has been providing to us. I know your pain since my work takes me right into disaster sites and then we try to eatablish sophisticated registration and disaster supplies ordering systems and get them up and running without local power to aid people in trouble. We, however get to bring our own specialized communication vehicles, satelite connection systems and as many generators as it takes. So yes we understand what you've been through and we're not trying to make a profit at the same time. Hope everyone's homes are okay after all that. Many thanks and I'll register machine number two this afternoon.