PDA

View Full Version : "check cut motor"

Maria Pugarelli Ginter
01-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Just got "check cut motor" when I started to carve my last piece. Anyone know what it means and what I need to do?

henry1
01-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Just got "check cut motor" when I started to carve my last piece. Anyone know what it means and what I need to do?

More detail what were you doing the size of wood bits please explain more

Maria Pugarelli Ginter
01-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I was cutting a simple sign. 3/4" pine. About 12" by 5.5". Using 1/16 carving bit that came with machine. After I get the message I pushed enter and it started to carve. But I don't want to do that again if it means something is wrong.
thanx

jaroot
01-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Ours does that on a fairly regular basis especially when using centerline. I just keep pushing enter and it doesn't seem to have any real negative effect on our machine.

Maria Pugarelli Ginter
01-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanx, jaroot. What do you by "using centerline"? I've done it twice now and both carvings turned out ok. I am wondering why it suddenly started doing it.

AskBud
01-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanx, jaroot. What do you by "using centerline"? I've done it twice now and both carvings turned out ok. I am wondering why it suddenly started doing it.Is it failing on Centerline, for you?
What chuck do you have?
What bit are you using?
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
01-07-2012, 09:16 PM
The Check Cut Motor within the first minutes of starting a carving or text is normal.... Or sort of Normal... Many of us get it....

I have found that the speed of the cutting bit is slower than normal when starting a carving, or even doing a Vector Cut as in my Plastic Tags I cut on my machine. Every Cut File with every size and shape.... It will stop CCM withing a inch of cutting... Press Start and it will pick up and finish without problems.

It is my Belief that is is something in the Compilier... Converting a Designer .mpc to Machine Language and putting it on the Card. Something with the SET Cut Motor Speed and the Speed FEEDBACK. For a 2 sided sign it will always fail on the back side as it cuts that first.... and NO fail cutting the front....

AL

gwhiz
01-08-2012, 01:11 PM
In other words, Maria, try it again and let us know the result!

Maria Pugarelli Ginter
01-08-2012, 02:57 PM
thank you! I haven't gotten it lately. I will just keep plugging along - trying to figure this all out. They didn't tell me I would have to be a computer genius to run this dang machine - lol!
m