PDA

View Full Version : Just Gloating

BBrooks
01-04-2012, 04:35 PM
it's good to have a 5th Anniversary C machine. maybe one day I'll catch up wtih Al.
Floyd! Order coming in for a new DC!

Cheers

Capt Bruce
01-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I'll be caught up with you soon. Only difference is the Rock chuck on the B version original. This is going to really take the time pressure off scheduling projects that all seem to arrive in batches. Carve On

fwharris
01-04-2012, 05:40 PM
it's good to have a 5th Anniversary C machine. maybe one day I'll catch up wtih Al.

Cheers

Bill,

Sure you got room?? :mrgreen:Ah I know you will make room for for that great addition! Will be on the look out for the insert order! THANKS!!!!

Smoken D
01-05-2012, 08:16 AM
What! Two machines and neither is running??????????????:(

Digitalwoodshop
01-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Good Luck with your new MACHINE. It does take the pressure off having 2 machines.... Nice Shop too......

AL

BBrooks
01-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Good Luck with your new MACHINE. It does take the pressure off having 2 machines.... Nice Shop too......

AL

Thanks Al. You might enjoy the other end of the shop too. I printed the Military Knives poster about 20 years ago
and the Killians Red and St. Pauli's Girl posters were gifts. Oh...there are tools there too?!
That is the extent of my original 12 x 20 building. To the left of this photo is a 12 x16 addition I put on a decade ago that I do the finishing
and tinkering in. It's snug but it's mine. :)

Capt Bruce
01-05-2012, 05:14 PM
You have a nice looking and well organized shop Bill. If I'm reading it right your two level cabinet for the CW has your thickness planner on the bottom. Are you able to run boards through in that position? If so it's a wise layout and it would work for me as well in my shop. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your second CW!

TerryT
01-05-2012, 07:05 PM

Cheers

I'm with Ike...I WANT A 5 YEAR ANIVERSARY MODEL! But my very first A model just keeps chuggin' along and my B model is working flawlessly. Although, with all the work we have been doing lately I probably could justify a third machine. Business has been good and is getting better.

I am building a new work bench. It is the heavy duty "ShopSmith" plan. Kathy has been helping me in the shop. Today she looked at me and asked... "Am I really helping or is it like Olivia (granddaughter) helping? I smiled and assured her that she was a terrific helper! We're having chicken fried porkchops for dinner tonight!!

Ike
01-06-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm with Ike...I WANT A 5 YEAR ANIVERSARY MODEL! But my very first A model just keeps chuggin' along and my B model is working flawlessly. Although, with all the work we have been doing lately I probably could justify a third machine. Business has been good and is getting better.

I am building a new work bench. It is the heavy duty "ShopSmith" plan. Kathy has been helping me in the shop. Today she looked at me and asked... "Am I really helping or is it like Olivia (granddaughter) helping? I smiled and assured her that she was a terrific helper! We're having chicken fried porkchops for dinner tonight!!

The problem is wanting and not being able to get! My plan for number 3 was to allow me time to sell signs as 3 machine did their thing! With the wife being laid off and all that money for the fair season, it will be used to survive!

Some day I will be able to gloat!

TerryT
01-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Rick,
You are a man that isn't afraid to try new things. Sometimes they work out, sometimes not so much but just reorganize and try again. You are an expert sign maker with a great family and a good wife. I think you can gloat already my friend. Hopefully your wife will be back to work soon and you will be cranking out signs for customers. Just resist the temptation to wait for something to happen. Make it happen!!
Good luck bud. Let's see which of us gets to buy our new machine first! I'm hoping its me. LOL

BBrooks
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
You have a nice looking and well organized shop Bill. If I'm reading it right your two level cabinet for the CW has your thickness planner on the bottom. Are you able to run boards through in that position? If so it's a wise layout and it would work for me as well in my shop. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your second CW!

Yessir, I can plane at that level with some short outfeed stands I made. I've repurposed that cabinet at least four times.
I put every piece of equipment on wheels that I can to make space for finishing and poker games...uh...just for fun, no money involved...really...okay, penny ante. :)

I'm lucky I have a full time job and can afford the woodworking as a hobby. 65 to 80 hours a week, salaried, affords me little time to enjoy it
or you folks here as much as I would like. The goal for 2012 is to work less and woodwork more. :)
Cheers

Capt Bruce
01-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Many thanks Bill,

Good to know you've been able to make the planner work at that level. That's becoming a must have feature as my new design evolves. I appreciate your ideas and will have to develop something on the line of your "short outfeed stands" to help eliminate/reduce snipe on the boards going through. Having the planner always ready to go will make me use it more often.

Like you I find this work thing really gets in the way of my hobbies. The loss has been having to turn down small projects (lower price) and training opportunities due to too little time in a day. Probably a good thing or I could easily become a hermit in my shop. "Born to carve, doomed to work."

It does look good for being able to retire for the 5th and final time in a bit over a year and by then this home hobby business should be fairly well tuned up. Thus far it's paid for the first CW and all the wood that has passed through it so things look good to make it pay more as I enjoy the process and having 2 CWs available.

Gloat on Sir and enjoy the stereo CWs.