PDA

View Full Version : Looking up erros?

jaustin
01-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I was making one of Terrys cribbage boards and when it it started drilling the peg holes I got an error code. I pushed a key and it when back to the project list.
I didn't write the error down Is there anyway to recall the error or do I need to run a carve again to get the error to come back?

TerryT
01-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Did it carve everything else ok? The holes should be the last thing it does, at least it is with my machines. Open the mpc and delete everything but the holes and run this seperately.

hrlevill
01-03-2012, 03:14 PM
to those of you makeing or designing cribbage boards the holes should be 1/8 by 0.50 anything smaller than that forget it as most pegs made are 1/8 and if the hole is only 0.25 its not deep enought thats my thought for today and i have made LOTS of them!!!

mtylerfl
01-03-2012, 03:53 PM
to those of you makeing or designing cribbage boards the holes should be 1/8 by 0.50 anything smaller than that forget it as most pegs made are 1/8 and if the hole is only 0.25 its not deep enought thats my thought for today and i have made LOTS of them!!!

You sure have, and they are beautiful...I still have not made even my FIRST cribbage board, despite the fact that a good friend sent me the pegs and everything!
:)

jaustin
01-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Did it carve everything else ok? The holes should be the last thing it does, at least it is with my machines. Open the mpc and delete everything but the holes and run this seperately.

It carved everything fine. it drill about 4 holes and was going down to drill the next hole but an error happen before the bit touched the board.

i am going to recarve it this weekend and see what happens.

It does feel a little tight when moving the bit up and down the truck. going to take the dust cover off the bearing and check them to see if the are gummed up with saw dust.

Digitalwoodshop
01-04-2012, 01:32 PM
That bottom Left Z Truck Roller Rail Bearing in known for freezing up with sawdust blown into it....

Remove the Z Encoder and blow the dust out of it...

Check the No Man's Land on the Z Rails between the upper and lower bearing for a build up of sawdust and pitch making a bump that the roller cannot get over.... A Good Cleaning...

A Intermittent Bad FFC Cable can do this too... It is good to have some FFC Cables on hand... when you order parts get some...

Good Luck,

AL