PDA

View Full Version : layout question

signman9999
01-02-2012, 09:57 AM
I have a round box I am wanting to make, The board I have selected has a defect in it at the drill place with a radius indicated in the mpc. If I tell the machine to not stay under the rollers and put the length of the board in how do I tell the machine where to start? Do I need to tell the machine to place on end? That seems the logical choice for me but I would appreciate your input before I really mess up this piece of walnut.

I should say that the dimensions of the piece of wood is the dimensions in the mpc.

Capt Bruce
01-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Signman9999,

Since your MPC is designed to the actual dimensions of your board it should be fine for starting "on the end." As far as I can judge it will carve the three parts right where you have placed them on your virtual board. Let us see the results when carved please.

Kenm810
01-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Guess I'm just old fashioned, when I run across a problem like that,
I still like put the project on a sled or carrier boarrd to save as much
of the good wood as I can, or to avoid a bad spot.

signman9999
01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Well this is what I ended up doing. Cutting down the length of the board on the mpc and keeping the same board. Told it to stay under the rollers and place on end. That allowed it to miss the bad spot. Guess I didn't get enough sleep last night. That should have been a no brainer this morning.
Thank you guys for your response
Tom