PDA

View Full Version : have a question....

bogwojny
01-01-2012, 01:54 PM
While the machine is running its carving the pattern as it goes across the width its going fine until it goes over the opposite end and carves not as deep...anyone knows what that could possible be? The lighter side is opposite the keypad side.

Digitalwoodshop
01-01-2012, 02:32 PM
That is caused by the head not being level. A Stiff cold Machine when you crank it up and down it can skip a tooth under the machine where the gears transfer the crank to the opposite side.

Place 2 strips of paper on the board each side and crank the head down and pull the paper. If one comes out easy then the head is high.

You can use the bit and Z Data to measure to the board by touching the bit to the board by hand.

AL

AskBud
01-01-2012, 02:43 PM
That is caused by the head not being level. A Stiff cold Machine when you crank it up and down it can skip a tooth under the machine where the gears transfer the crank to the opposite side.

Place 2 strips of paper on the board each side and crank the head down and pull the paper. If one comes out easy then the head is high.

You can use the bit and Z Data to measure to the board by touching the bit to the board by hand.

ALRemember to check your sand paper belts for a rolled edge on the keyboard side as well.
AskBud

bogwojny
01-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Ok Ill look into it now....

bogwojny
01-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Checked it and one side with the paper came out. What do I have to do to correct this?

bogwojny
01-02-2012, 08:35 AM
So what do I have to do to correct this?

AskBud
01-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Checked it and one side with the paper came out. What do I have to do to correct this?Here is a PDF on how to level the head.
AskBud
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_level_head.pdf

bogwojny
01-02-2012, 03:18 PM
That worked thanks!