PDA

View Full Version : Small parts Big bits...

liquidguitars
01-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Small part in maple.. 1/2" ball 3/8 straight and the new 3/16" cutting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCg4Icn8dsE

LittleRedWoodshop
01-01-2012, 12:52 PM
That is Awesome ....

Digitalwoodshop
01-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Impressive !!!!

Happy New Year Everyone,

AL

keninar
01-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Most interesting video - Thanks for sharing.

Is the "cutting speed" in the video representative of "real-world" cutting? Or "sped-up" in the editing phase?
Seems much faster that I am getting from my machine, although I am comparing carving/cutting with smaller diameter bits.

Thanks again for sharing!

-ken

Capt Bruce
01-01-2012, 06:20 PM
At the risk of revealing my total ignorance of musical instruments, what are you carving in the video Brandon? Thanks for sharing the film.

easybuilt
01-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Now that is cool! You are so creative.

liquidguitars
01-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Most interesting video - Thanks for sharing.

Is the "cutting speed" in the video representative of "real-world" cutting? Or "sped-up" in the editing phase?
Seems much faster that I am getting from my machine, although I am comparing carving/cutting with smaller diameter bits.

Thanks again for sharing!

-ken

Thanks guys it's still fun to see the CW cut the paths...

Ken the video speed was incressed 20%... so your machine is ok :)

Hi Bruce, the part is for my violin you are seeing is just the underside its to hold a mini 500k volume pot and dptp selections for the instrument one of the first selection chin rests if all goes well...

Capt Bruce
01-02-2012, 07:46 AM
I continue to be amazed Brandon by your thinking and carving and the beautiful instruments you craft. I have no doubt you could carve a functioning iPad and it would not only be beautiful, it would have features that Apple never imagined and would create beautiful music as well. You have inspired me to play more with big bits along paths. I am in Awe Sir.

liquidguitars
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks Bruce,

Working with the CW is a blast fpr me, one thing that sold me on CW was to be able to assign bits like this on a hand drawn spline simply is the coolest thing... for the old timers that use custom pin routers and hand routers it a real pain to layout complex and simple patterns as the jigs and indexing is key.