PDA

View Full Version : card will not reformat

gumbo
12-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I tried to reformat my card and it seem slik nothing is happening. I went into flash manager hit reformat it asked me if I wanted to continue because info will be erased, I clicked continue (or ok ) and it just sits there. is this what should happen or should I see a window telling me it finished?

edzbaker
12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
gumbo, sometimes if my card is pretty FULL, it seems like it takes a while to do anything. Eventually all of the files should delete. It has taken a few minutes. Try selecting one project while in flash manager, and see if it will delete. If so.. the card is probably OK.

gumbo
12-23-2011, 11:28 PM
I had deleted all the files before I tried to reformat.

AskBud
12-24-2011, 04:01 AM
It sounds as if the card may be formatted and empty.
Do the process again and watch the lights on the card holder.
As you do the formating, the red light will be on or flash beginning when you press the "ERASE AND FORMAT" button. The light will only be active as long as it takes to do the work.

The "UPLOAD" process is similar, but some what longer depending on the data being loaded, in that the red light will flash as the data is transfered to the memory card. In both cases, the green light is on the whole time.

I would load a project to the card and watch that process, and than do the Erase and Format again, and watch the lights.
AskBud