PDA

View Full Version : My shop is clean!!!

Ike
12-22-2011, 07:23 PM
I know to most that keeps their shops clean they are thinking okay what's the big deal?! Well every summer between fairs I mess my shop up cutting sign blanks! I first cleaned the front half of my shop and today the other half the shop! I have a 30' by 40' shop I put a wall in the center of the shop. I insulated the back half the actual shop part and the front is well a garage for my 67 Firebird and some storage!

I took out some cabinets and shelves from the shop half and put them in the front. I have a bunch of hand tools and if needed they are not far away! The only thing I need to do is install my dust filters and I am not sure if I will keep or sell a new still in the box a Craftsman Pro 6 1/8" planer/jointer? I took out my K2 CNC out of the shop and it is in the front still never used and the motors still wrapped in plastic!

Now you see why this is a big deal for me cleaning my shop!

Ike

eelamb
12-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Good job IKE, it is nice when the shop is clean, but it never last too long.:)

Capt Bruce
12-22-2011, 08:39 PM
I can relate to your feeling Ike. Somewhere in my "sawdust storage room" is a shop full of tools that I have not seen in a while. Maybe over the Holidays but unlikely.

cestout
12-22-2011, 08:59 PM
I live on 9 acres away from everything. When I built my house, I built a 3 car garage but with only 2 one car size doors. The one car part nearest the house door is walled off with a large sliding window. To clean, I sweep up the largest part and pick up the bigger chunks of wood, then open the garage door and blow the place out with an electric leaf blower. Then I blow off the concrete pad in front of the door, all onto the dirt driveway. Still takes a couple of hours.
Clint

crfahy
12-22-2011, 09:15 PM
We have rearranged our 30 x 40' shop SO many times I can't number! I'm still trying to organize 'Colleen's Carving Corner'. I have plans to tack on an old outbuilding (11 x 17') to put the machine and dust collector in, then I'll be able to close the door, still hear the machine, but do the finish work without the ear muffs. I'm not sure where the planer is going to fit - somewhere between the Harleys and bandstand...