PDA

View Full Version : Version 1.115 (full version) new options

BobHill
01-21-2007, 09:36 AM
I suspect this only works on the full version and not the SEARS or Demo version and perhaps age is to blame, but I just noticed from a question someone asked me, that there is a "new" option for the Favorite and Library PTN objects. Has anyone also discovered this?? Double Left Click on any individual object and you'll get a new Designer window which shows the object in two views ... left view is of the design as you'd see it when you import it into your Design piece. The right view is the design (transparent background) as you'd see it in grayscale raster. This window also has it's own limited tools where you can edit or modify (even rotate and add items) the image. If you have a good Screen Capture (SnagIt is my favorite) you can copy this grayscale image and take it into PhotoShop or even CorelDraw (or ???) to do anything you'd want to it. Once you do that modification you can then SAVE AS either from this Designer option to a MPC or a MPW (whatever that goes to???) into your own folder and then can take those as you would now into Favorites. If you use the Screen Capture, then, of course you'd take that into Favorites the "normal" way as always from whatever recognized raster format you'd use.

This also is a great study in how the carving action works with greyscale by comparing the image to it's carved design. When did you discover this, Jon?

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

pkunk
01-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Can you tell me or someone versed in the Mac how to access this feature? Control clicking doesn't do it either. :?: I only have seen it when uploading the scan image.

Aaron B
01-21-2007, 01:21 PM
hmmm, I can't get mine to do it either and I am not using a Mac.

pkunk
01-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I got it to open. :D Clock on the pattern you want to open>Go to file>download scan>after the memory card opens, click OK. I've been able to open alot of the files to work on them.

BobHill
01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Pkunk,

I sure can't do it by selecting a Library 01/ Compositions/Ancient and by going to File/DownLoad scan because it's not on my flashcard, BUT, I do see that this is the options window that I get with the PTN object view and it's raster image view in it when I double LEFT CLICK that object.

Aaron,

Are you using Demo version 1.115? Do you have a beta machine and software or SEARS machine and software.

This works for any object in either Favorites or Library 01 for me, using full version 1.115.

Bob

Greybeard
01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi Bob.
This is really great. It's going to take some time to master the tools in this environment, but I've just discovered that you can erase what is in the right hand window and create a completely new pattern, seeing it "in the wood" so to speak in the left window as you go, then save as a new pattern.
Lots of playing ahead, I can see. :D

John

BobHill
01-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Yep and it's perhaps the answer to doing carving shades of gray to 2d clipart. More pratice and experimentation due there for me too. John. Besides having the two views with automatic changes (for carving image), my having dual monitors where I can have PhotoShop/CorelDraw open at the same time will be handy too.

I see what this is now. It's the utility for the 3D scanner BUT, you can FILE/NEW and bring in a JPEG then do things like fill, blur, choose depth and things I haven't even learned to do with it yet. A whole new world.

Bob

pkunk
01-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Yep and it's perhaps the answer to doing carving shades of gray to 2d clipart. More pratice and experimentation due there for me too. John. Besides having the two views with automatic changes (for carving image), my having dual monitors where I can have PhotoShop/CorelDraw open at the same time will be handy too.

Bob
I'm dealing with a blank flashcard, but it's the only way for me to get it to open. There's no color palate to pick a shade of grey, only a dropper tool to brush a color/grey you have in the picture/scan. I'm in the process of erasing the background of the parrot - cool!

BobHill
01-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Pkunk

check my edited message right before yours.

Bob

Jeff_Birt
01-21-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm running 1.115, Sears machine, downloaded updated SW (to 1.115) from CW. I do not have the aforementioned editing capability. I agree with the suspicion that it works for beta testers and those with the scanning probe. Can't wait to order my probe.

pkunk
01-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Pkunk

check my edited message right before yours.

Bob
I'll be damned :D :D File new works!
Jeff, I suspect it has to do with the probe software.

Aaron B
01-21-2007, 03:22 PM
When I downloaded 1.115 it took my Centerline Text tool away, and I am full version user. I went to "check for updates" and it to me to a web page and I downloaded it. something I am missing?

pkunk
01-21-2007, 03:25 PM
When I downloaded 1.115 it took my Centerline Text tool away, and I am full version user. I went to "check for updates" and it to me to a web page and I downloaded it. something I am missing?
It's gotta be a glitch, somehow. Call them tomorrow.

Aaron B
01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
It's gotta be a glitch, somehow. Call them tomorrow.

Thanks, I had to uninstall that version and go back to 1.029 for my centerline text.

KarmaJon
02-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm running 1.115, Sears machine, downloaded updated SW (to 1.115) from CW. I do not have the aforementioned editing capability. I agree with the suspicion that it works for beta testers and those with the scanning probe. Can't wait to order my probe.

For what it's worth, I have the probe, but not the capability mentioned. I ordered my probe direct, and the software that came shipped with it was actually an older version (13).

KarmaJon
02-06-2007, 08:27 AM
O.k., my bad. The software that came with my probe was the latest version. However, it was the "Demo version." I don't have the "Download Scan" option in my software, and I was wondering if anybody else with the probe had experienced this problem.

When I went to register my probe online it said that the serial number for the probe was on a sticker on the software envelope that came with the probe, but there was no such sticker. I just wonder if I got the wrong software?

Jeff_Birt
02-06-2007, 08:41 AM
I've been watching this thread in anticipation of my own probe arriving. Thanks for sharing this information with everyone.

I had mentioned earlier about jogging and measureing the actual displacment of the board but failed to follow up with how. When you are setting up to run a project after is does board measuring, you have a choice to 'jog to position' to start the cut. When you do this it displays the board coordinates on the LCD (as I recall, have not had time to confirm).

Rickrljones
02-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Keep us posted on the results about the serial number on the probe software package, I ordered on a week ago today, still no probe...